Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

Servo Problem on both 130X and MSRX using DX6i ?

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Eflite Blade helicopters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zed
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:13 am
PostPost subject: Servo Problem on both 130X and MSRX using DX6i ?

Hello people,

I've been flying a 4ch Mini-twister Sport around indoors and out for a few months but now the gyro has a fault (already replaced model after PCB prob). So rather than buy a 3rd mini twister I decided to splash out on a more advanced model to replace it along with spektrum tx. Then got carried away and bought another. But now I'm a bit fed up as both heil's have the same problem.

Both the 130X and MSRX were unboxed in the last couple of days.

The cyclic servos work fine when no throttle is applied but under throttle the servos do not return to centre position when the stick is allowed to return to centre. I have to move the stick the opposite direction to get the servo to respond. If only very small stick movements are made do the servos return to centre, the further the stick is moved the less the servo returns to centre without applying opposite direction. Once the throttle is decreased to zero the servos centre themselves.

The tail control on both helis also gets stuck in the same way while under throttle.

I've seen a few vids on youtube where people are having problems with the tail servo on the 130X.

The DX6i is also new. The msrx I setup using a youtube vid, then tinkered with the DR/Expo to try get a bit more response, not yet realising the servo prob. I setup the 130X as per the manual.

Flew the MSRX indoors and soon crashed after the servo failed to centre with the stick movement. Suffered a broken ball-joint on blade grip.

I haven't flown the 130X, only spooled her up in my hand but saw the same problems with the servos.

Is this down to the settings on the dx6i or is the problem with the heli's?

I'd rather make sure I've set up the RC properly before I return anything to the model shop.

If anyone can offer some advice I'd be very grateful.

Zed

Last edited by Zed on Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:14 am; edited 1 time in total
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:52 am
PostPost subject:

Hi Zed,

As you have the same problem with both helis, then I think that it has to be the DX6i or its settings. Without knowing the full settings that you are using it is difficult to guess where the problem may lie.

Tom.
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:24 am
PostPost subject: post subject

Hi zed,
Let me put your mind at ease. There is nothing wrong with your heli's or your tx. I have over a hundred flights on my 130-x and double that number on the msr-x and they both behave in the same way yours do. Its just the way the system works. After flying the 130-x and then landing as the rotors spin down to a stop you can hear as the servo's all go to centre. These heli's are nothing like a coax and even with easy going beginner tx settings you must be very light on the sticks or the heli is across the room and into the wall before you have time to react. The msr-x is a really fast heli and needs lots of practice. If you give a bit of right cyclic the heli will travel to the right until you tell it to do otherwise by giving a tiny bit of left cyclic to stop it, or some other command, just letting the stick return to centre will not stop its travel. The msr-x is a great fun and tough little heli once you get the hang of it. Its just practice and more practice. Its a bit too windy tonight to go in the garden so i have just gone through six batteries with the msr-x indoors.
The 130-x is my latest purchase and i love it. Over one hundred flights and still all original parts with only one minor crash which caused no damage. This heli is so stable in the hover it allmost feels like cheating. Be gentle on the sticks and you will probably find its easier to fly than the msr-x. Be a bit careful though because i dont know how it takes crash damage, i am pretty sure it wont be as tough as the smaller chap. Hope that info will help. Just remember. Very small stick inputs.
Zed
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:32 pm
PostPost subject:

Thanks for the replies, guys.

Tombo, I was thinking the same but after seeing some Youtube vids with similar issues I was unsure. Well I tested the DX6i last night using another 6ch heli (Twister 3DX) and separate Spektrum Rx, all the servos respond as I was hoping. Centralise nicely with stick movement (though I need to sort out the servo reverse somewhere as the swash is lop-sided - main blades were removed while I did this as the heli's under repair). So I know the Tx is fine.

Chopper54, that has put my mind at rest a bit though it still seems a bit odd, like there's less precise control over what the heli is doing. Although I understand oppposite stick would normally be needed to correct after larger stick movements. So I'm now thinking, if that's how the Blade helis should be it's because of the AS3X managing the commands, where the 6ch Twister 3DX has a flybar instead.

Just seems strange that my little 4ch mini twister sport (single, fixed) is super responsive in flight compared to the MSRX. I was expecting the MSRX to be more so but it responds like I'm using the Tx wearing oven gloves! Lol.

I have emailed the stores where I bought the new heli's. I'll see what advice they give once I have a reply.

Thanks again for the help.

Zed
Zed
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:40 pm
PostPost subject:

I've had replies back from both the stores and also from Horizon Hobbies, who were asked to give advice by one of the stores. The info I got is pretty much what you said, Chopper54.. Nice one.
My understanding from this is, the AS3X is waiting for the heli positioning to change in response to the stick/servo movement but as the heli's being held still the AS3X keeps waiting for that change and so doesn't centre the servos.

I think I'll need to develop my skills to keep control over these birds and I'll need to play with the settings a bit more. It's a learning curve, so it's all good!

Waiting for spares for the MSR-X before I can get some more practice with her. Too windy today to take the 130X out. But got the mini twister working Smile (replaced tail motor - was binding)

Zed
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:30 am
PostPost subject: post subject

Hi Zed.
I also have the original msr and the 120-sr and these earlier models both have the 45 degree flybar which causes the heli to return to a stable hover if you release the sticks back to centre. While its quite a handy safety feature for a beginner it does get a bit annoying as your skills improve. Personally i prefer the newer flybarless models and the 130-x is my favourite at the moment and i have been flying it most evenings after work. I have the same problem as you at the moment. Too darn windy to get outside tonight.
WorldO
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 7:38 pm
PostPost subject:

I was expecting the MSRX to be more so but it responds like I'm using the Tx wearing oven gloves! Lol. ????

bmi calculator

Last edited by WorldO on Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 3:47 am
PostPost subject:

WorldO wrote:
I was expecting the MSRX to be more so but it responds like I'm using the Tx wearing oven gloves! Lol. ????

O

They are really designed for beginners, hence the slower responses, the MCPX, 130's, or 180's are a bit more exciting for you.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Eflite Blade helicopters All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: