Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rdsvark
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:02 am
PostPost subject: Setting travel limits on GP790

Hi,
I have just reset the gyro on Trex 450 Plus, centered servo and adjusted link. Gone into Gyro to set travel limits as per instructions. When I move the rudder both ways for them to reach the outer limits, the slider stops before reaching the end. I have done this in the past and it has always worked, now for some reasons the slider doesnt reach the end points. Any clues?
When setting the limits do you have to be in rate or HH mode, or make no difference

Cheers
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:10 am
PostPost subject:

Check that the tail rotor shaft is not bent and is lubricated and the slider is free moving.
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:03 am
PostPost subject:

Should these limits not be set with the gyro in rate mode?

You normally waggle the stick to max left/right and set the gyro limits to the max of the servo response without binding. I do not understand how you can set up the gyro and then find that it is not giving full rudder travel as that is part of the set up in all cases that I have come across.

Tom.
rdsvark
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:10 am
PostPost subject:

Hi,
Shaft is not bent. When moving rudder the sliders goes to both end points. When I am doing the setup to obtain the limit points and giggle the stick, the pitch slider does not reach the end points ie binding. It stops short. Cant see why.

Steps.. Press set button on Gyro..
Press set button till Limit is highlighted.
move stick left until slider reaches binding point.. this is the bit that I cant do. The slider stops before reaching end.

But in normal operation the pitch slider moves right to both endpoints so there is no bent shaft or other obstruction...
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:06 am
PostPost subject:

Hi rdsvark,

If you have gone through the procedure a number of times before with not problems and have experienced problems this time, then why not start from scratch again and go through the setting-up procedure step by step, by following the manual exactly.

The Align GP790 Manual states:

Travel adjustment:
"Gradually move the rudder stick left until the tail pitch slider reaches end. Then back to centre point and wait for 2 seconds until the status LED flashes red. Repeat this to the right to finish the travel limit setting."

And again...

"While observing the heli tail, gradually move the rudder stick on your transmitter left until the tail pitch slider reaches its mechanical end (without binding), then centre the stick and wait 2 seconds until the STATUS LED flashes red. Now perform the same for right rudder..."

So, gradual continuous outward movement, then return to centre, rather than giggling or waggling.

Burgess
rdsvark
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:57 pm
PostPost subject:

Thanks for help,
Think I know what I was doing wrong. As the Gyro is underneath the heli and fairly hidden, I was in the Gain settings adjustment rather than travel limit..
Think its working now. Have to check what I have done with the Gain settings. From the manual it has to be micro for 450 heli, I moved the stick so not sure if I have set anything..
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> T-REX All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: