Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bladeboy
Flying Inverted
Flying Inverted

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:15 am
PostPost subject: t rex 450?

hello,

i have a blade cx2 and have flown flight simmy for about 1 year and am wondering if I could get a t rex 450 without crashing it a bunch? Is itjust too high of a level of heli for me? I am 11 but can do a lot of manuevers on the sim like the tic docs all of the funnels spirals inverted flight. Is the sim a lot easier than real life? would flying a t rex 450 be just as hard as flying likea rator 90se on the sim? I can not spend anything over 500 dollars on a heli to get it running. I am trying to decide between the blade 400 and t rex 450? I saw some crazy stuff performed on youtube of danny scabuz whatever I can not remember and that made me want a t rex 450. Is there a special radio required for those kind of stunts? Also could a blade 400 perform like that out of the box? I dont want somthing totally expensove but I dont want somthing cheap I was maybe thinking about just the blade cp but saw it didnt come with cemmetrical blades (required for inverted flight) if I got a t rex would I crash it rite out of the box or fly it decently if I can do all the stuff mentioned above of course I am not going to try inverted flight and such rite out of the box but in that video it said he was stock running but I dont know if I believe that because of how quik the heli was responding. All reccomendations wanted!

Thanks

jacob
Dumb Thumbs
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:41 pm
PostPost subject:

I picked up my T Rex 450se V2 just last week for 450$ Now when you add the cost of the radio system, gyro, charger batts... It'll add up to around 1,200$ or more. Also take into account the cost of repairs, canopy alone is like 35$, blades 14$ for woodies.
Don't think about 3D for now, "Gotta learn to walk before you can run".
Has the flight sim taught you how to adjust blade tracking, servo rebuild, swash adjustment, trim, etc. etc.? These skills take time to learn and master before going 3D. But be patient, go slow and it will happen.
bladeboy
Flying Inverted
Flying Inverted

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:32 am
PostPost subject: 1,200?

Dang really that much nevermind I will invest in a blade 400 then Smile can that do 3d manuevers out of the box such as tic tocs and such?
Crashagain
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:39 am
PostPost subject:

For the money the blade 400 is a smoking deal...
If it was out when I bought my T-Rex I might have gotten one of those.
Replacement parts or comparable to the T-Rex and most of the hobby stores carry them.
I got at least a grand tied up in my T-Rex. Not counting the cost of repairs from learning.
I saw a blade 400 flown here at my LHS and was pretty impressed with it. Very nice heli for the money. And the radio has a 5 point throttle and pitch curve unlike the DX6, and if you have a CX2 you can bind it with that heli's reciever and use it to buzz around indoors on crappy weather days..
Only thing I would upgrade on it is the gyro. I noticed that the tail really did not lock as well as my Logitech or the 401 does. But untill you really start to fly it hard, it works good.
bladeboy
Flying Inverted
Flying Inverted

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:47 pm
PostPost subject: blade 400 it is

Ok I will probably get one for next christmas! I am only 11 do you think I would crash a ton? Well I can fly a whole tank of fuel on the sim flying inverted. and when I really try not to crash i dont.
Crashagain
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:46 am
PostPost subject:

If you keep flying your CX@ and flying the sim like you are doing, by next christmas you will probably be flying like a pro.
bladeboy
Flying Inverted
Flying Inverted

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:28 am
PostPost subject: ok

Ok I will be flying the sim about average 30 mins a day for this whole year do you think I would crash the 400 on my first flight?
Crashagain
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:56 am
PostPost subject:

You will eventually, but I don't think you will on the first flight after using the sim and your cx before hand.
I would still make use of training gear for it just till you get the feel for take offs and landings,, and how she handles..
lsxtrkiller
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:29 am
PostPost subject:

ok well let me say this i had been flying on the g3 for about 6 mounths before i took my heli out for its first flight and let me tell u i could do absolutly anything on the sim with out crashing and when i tried to fly for real it was totaly diferent i couldnt even hover with out having problems also most rtf helis are not as rtf out of the box as u may belive as i learned there was much ajusting to be done before flying became possible the only way u can truly learn to fly is to just get out and do it no substitut im not saying the sim wont help but there is still no sub for learning first hand also i would recomend getting the metal head and digital sevos as well as a brushless setup for when u buy the heli it will make a huge diferance
Dumb Thumbs
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:43 pm
PostPost subject:

That's my feeling too, sims great for building on the skills of flying but when it comes time to do it for real it's a whole different story.(a whole lot easier to hit the reset on the sim then it is to spend hours on the work table rebuilding a bird) And the so called RTF's... My CX2 needed a little tweaking on the servo arms, the CP Pro needed a lot more tweaking & a HH gyro just to get it flyable.
lsxtrkiller
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:00 pm
PostPost subject:

I dont understand how they can say RTF and Factory flown and pre set when i first got mine the blades were like and inch off on the tracking and the swash plate couldnt have been anymore unlevel with out moving the servos and the balance of the heli was far backward but if it had been set flown and preset they must have been one hell of a flier and the worst at the same time i mean come on it wasnt test flown so how can they print that right on the box... lol first flight out i was trying to lift off and i set it down to fast broke the traing gear and hit the b-ball hoop and destoyed the head and shaft it really sucked but hell its better than my friend who has the honey bee two i think its called and he was doing inverted and for some reason he had some kinda interferance and drove it into the ground from 30ft hole thing is shot the engine even pooped off and it is just destroyed i felt bad for him
maruey
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:41 pm
PostPost subject:

lsxtrkiller wrote:
I dont understand how they can say RTF and Factory flown and pre set when i first got mine the blades were like and inch off on the tracking and the swash plate couldnt have been anymore unlevel with out moving the servos and the balance of the heli was far backward but if it had been set flown and preset they must have been one hell of a flier and the worst at the same time i mean come on it wasnt test flown so how can they print that right on the box...

I have to agree to that, RTF definitely doesn't mean Ready to Fly as they say on the box.

And on that point, here's an article that you might find interesting. Totally talks about what you just said.

As for the simulators, I have to agree also that the real thing is quite a different experience. I think with this generation of simulator (Reaflight G3 and up, Phoenix, etc.), the physics engine is pretty darn good. What they fail to simulate accurately is how scary it is with the real thing.. The feeling of the blades spinning really fast.. the sound.. and the knowledge that what is flying there is a lot of money. Wink
Dumb Thumbs
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:26 am
PostPost subject:

And possibly dangerous!!!
Dumb Thumbs
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:39 am
PostPost subject:

lsxtrkiller wrote:
first flight out i was trying to lift off and i set it down to fast broke the traing gear and hit the b-ball hoop and destoyed the head and shaft it really sucked but hell its better than my friend who has the honey bee two i think its called and he was doing inverted and for some reason he had some kinda interferance and drove it into the ground from 30ft hole thing is shot the engine even pooped off and it is just destroyed i felt bad for him

Wanna here something REALLY sad. I saw this vid on Youtube of a guy with a gas turbine jet, big monster! Pilot & ground crew set up the model, bird screams 3/4 way down the runway, lifts off and wings over and crashes big time. Total loss by the looks of it. So what went wrong??? Vid flashes back to the beginning, zooms in on the pilot and you can clearly see never pulled up the Tx antenna Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> T-REX All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: