Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Walkera

Advertisements

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MadShark
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:40 am
PostPost subject: Taming The Beast

YUP I am back again. normal story i guess.

Well after 3 packs and doing what i thought was damn well at getting somewhat of a controlled hover going...alas my motor was actually cooked. now new motor installed and battery packs charged I have come to the conclusion that i am actually trying to control an ICBM. like my title suggests - it is in control, all the time.

It takes off like a rocket...and doesn't stop for nothing - unless i kill the throttle.

the walk through that i can ask for advice is as follows:-

Normal flight mode.
throttle up until about 50%.
1 click more throttle and heli drifts to the left a little.
counter act this with a little right stick and whossh.....(thank goodness for soft ceiling boards!!)
I have tried adjusting the PLT knob into the minus - nothing much happens there with anything.

any help or suggestions?

P.S. the beast is a walkera 22e (on steroids and who knows what else at the moment.)
standard 3 cell lipo pack 800mha
________
Dan Gurney

Last edited by MadShark on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
maruey
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:30 pm
PostPost subject:

Sounds like a problem with the ESC. Did this problem start since you installed the new motor? If so, then maybe the old ESC is not compatible with the new motor, and that should explain why it's shooting up like a rocket.

I don't know why the controls are going to the extreme though, maybe the ESC might also be causing it somehow.

But overall, I'd guess it's an ESC/motor compatibility issue.
MadShark
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:11 pm
PostPost subject:

thought about that - but it was a standard stock motor that went in so there was no esc issue.

i am still learning to fly the damn thing. so today i went out and got a brushless motor and a esc for that. hopefully that will save me some money in the mean time.

anyways - going to be getting it back tomorrow fixed up and tunned and ready to fly so will be able to give some more feed back from then on.

thanks for th reply.
________
Nanni Galli

camoflight
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:26 pm
PostPost subject:

Madshark, that's a interesting case you got there Shocked Once you get it back from the shop please let us know what happened so others will know how to fix it if it happens to them Wink

By the way, are you also learning on a sim or are you taking the model-stright-to-the-air road?
MadShark
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:59 pm
PostPost subject:

i had some sim time....not much but i find that sims are very easy to fly in comparison to the real thing.

i had quite a bit of rc car time and some fixed wing time - but this seems to be the way to go.

i am going to be getting my beast back this morning so as soon as i do i will post and let everyone know what happens.

all i have heard from the shop is that it sounds like a screaming banshee now with the new motor.

thats all for now folks - counting down till i get her back

ciao
________
Mercedes-Benz 500E

MadShark
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:36 am
PostPost subject:

well got the beast back - working nice now for a change - well at least. loads of power - had to turn down the PLT and PIT quite a bit.

very well balanced now, looking to get an CNC head now to try and bring the head speed down a bit to make it a little more easy to handle.

the guys who did the upgrade did a test flight - damn did she motor about much better and alot more stable in the hover. only very slight adjustments needed in the movement side of things.

well - a massive thunder storm outside now and back to work for now. so no flying but will post again as soon as i have any updates.

now to mu wish list for christamas, CNC heads are not available in this country so going to have to bring one in from the USA. any one have any ideas of good deals and shipping costs?

till later - love life
________
Mazda Laputa picture

midnite
Flying Inverted
Flying Inverted

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:51 am
PostPost subject:

MadShark,

Congrats for getting the model up and ready to fly again. I know how it feels when something is wrong with your model but you can't put your finger on it! It's like the most tormenting thing!!

Anyways, let us know how well your heli flies now Wink

But don't be in too much of a hurry and fly in the storm Shocked
MadShark
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:09 pm
PostPost subject:

well,i am back again. the beast has been caged and semi sedated!! she flies a lot better now, easier to control and easier to get into a hover.

busted up another set of blades and some landing gear but over all much better.

been trying to set up the trims now to get a more stable hover and seem to be winning with that as well.

so over all, much better and happier now - just wish the weather here would sort itself out so i can do some flying outdoors. been limited to indoors and not much space for that here in the office. (tried moving the furniture at home and the mrs. got a little cheesed off with that idea. - funny how they do not understand how man must fly!!!)

i am thinking about getting a new radio for christmas - with a better gyro. any ideas whats out there - that i should look at or stay clear from.

have a great day.....mad shark going for another load of hovers in 5 mins...as soon as the pack is charged.
________
RT1
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Walkera All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: