Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Honey Bee
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mick29
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:14 pm
PostPost subject: Trouble with CP3 control

HI hows it going, got my self my first 6ch heli a Honey Bee CP3, I can fly a 4ch no worries but my new 6ch even on normal mode is a totally differant story, should it hover easy or do i have to keep correcting it all the time, it doesnt stop moving around and im forever correcting it, is it just lots and lots of practice has anyone got advise thanks mick29
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:08 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi Mick,

Well a single rotor heli with flybar is not like a co-axial. The set-up is long and complex, any slight errors will cause all sorts of unwanted movement. (Check the "Need to Balance" thread.)

Start with the servos at mid-stick. Horns MUST be at 90º to the links.

Then; take off the head and using a leveller, level the swash at mid-stick with the links. Then level the swash at high & low stick using the travel adjust. Now refit the head.

Basically everything MUST be level at mid-stick, swash, washout arms, flybar seesaw, flybar paddles exactly in line with their seesaw and the blades at zero pitch. These are link adjustments.

Now check the pitch at high & low stick, you should have around 8º~10º postive at high-stick and the same negative at low stick. Set this with the swash pitch on the Tx.

You're now ready for the cyclic settings. At mid-stick, check for +-5º~+-7º with ailerons and elevator, blades across fuse for elevators and in line with fuse for aileron. You set this with mix 1 elevator to elevator and mix 2 aileron to aileron.

Next the tail. I have no idea how you set a tail motor. Never had one and never will. You will probably get some ideas from Youtube. The gyro is the same for all heli tails. Set the tail up in rate mode usually around 35% gyro gain. Fly in HH mode usually around 67% gyro gain.

If the tail wags, reduce the gain until it stops. If it does not wag then increase the gain until it wags and reduce the gain until it stops. You need the maximum gain without wagging.

Lastly flying a single rotor, flybar heli is like trying to balance it on a greasy ball of air! It will not stay still for long, if perfectly set-up a 450 may stay put for 10sec - the small ones only 2 or 3sec.

Tom.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Honey Bee All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: