Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> S.R.B Quark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
taz
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:53 am
PostPost subject: From Blade Cx2 to Quark

New pilot here, have the Blade Cx2 and am getting pretty good at flying it..

I mostly fly indoors and have been eyeing the Quark as it is GORGEOUS, smaller and kinder on anything that it hits due to the foam blades. Smile

The question for all you more senior pilots : How different and more difficult is it to fly the Quark given it's a single blade tail rotor type of craft. Would I need endless hours on a sim to be able to fly it? I'm asking because its a pricey machine and I wouldn't want to reck it.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you all in advance and keep flying..
silhouette015
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:19 pm
PostPost subject:

Hello taz and welcome to the forum!

I'm a Quark flyer my self and I have to tell you I love the little heli! It's very nice and can fly anywhere you want. Truth be told, since I bought the Quark, I've been racking hours and hours with it and now I fly it so much more than I do my T-REX (which I'm thinking about selling). So, the bottom line is, it's a great heli and you'll love it

In terms of how different and how much more difficult it would be to fly. I'd say if you're already mastering the Blade CX2, flying the Quark wouldn't pose so much challenge. It is a bit more difficult but it's not as big of a leap as from Blade CX2 to... say... a T-REX 450.

In terms of stability, the Quark is very very stable. I can take my hands off the controls, literally, for more than 10 seconds and it'll stay where I put it. I've flown many helis and a lot of them very expensive ones but the Quark is the only one I know that can truly do this. But its flight characteristic is different from the Blade CX2... It's hard to describe in words but you'll feel it.

All in all, I strongly recommend the Quark. It is a matter of getting what you pay for and then some Cool
2quark4u
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:06 pm
PostPost subject:

Hello Taz,

I can totally vouch for everything the admin said. The Quark is a great great heli and like him I'm now flying it much more than my bigger and much much more expensive helis. You can fly it everywhere and I guess you can say this is a heli truly designed for flying indoors. The foam blades means that you can crash into furniture without damaging it. And it is very very stable.

In terms of how hard it would be.. I think if you're getting good with the Blade CX2, then you'll have no problem getting the Quark in the air.

Good luck and enjoy.
taz
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:54 pm
PostPost subject:

I would like to thank you both for your replies. Smile

I think I will try to get a Quark soon and a flight simulator program in order not to destroy the beauty...
I’m still worried that a single blade, tail rotor heli is a lot more sensitive to control inputs and thus over correcting (a common nubie error) will lead to crashes the Cx2 forgave. Hopefully the simulator will help the transition.
Any other advice on the leap from double blade to single will be appreciated.

Thank you all, and to the moderators for this site.
mickey_mouse
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:09 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi,

I'm also a Quark pilot and I have to say you won't be disappointed. Like 2quark4u and silhouette015, I'm now flying it much more often than I do my bigger helicopters.

In terms of sensitivity, the Quark is a very very stable helicopter. Thanks to its unique rotor head, Hirobo actually claims that if you're in trouble then all you have to do is take your hands off the controls and the heli will want to correct its self. I can attest that this is true, at least when you're not going extremely fast Laughing

But still, a simulator is always something worth buying. Wink
Lee ALmond
Flying Inverted
Flying Inverted

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:58 am
PostPost subject:

I just have a question regarding the Quark. Does this little heli have any 3D capability? Is it good to fly outside in calm wind? How about product support and replacement parts? I am thinking about the next step up from my CX2. Thanks for your time. Have a good one.
silhouette015
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:50 pm
PostPost subject:

Lee ALmond wrote:
I just have a question regarding the Quark. Does this little heli have any 3D capability? Is it good to fly outside in calm wind? How about product support and replacement parts? I am thinking about the next step up from my CX2. Thanks for your time. Have a good one.

The Quark is not 3D-capable and is a 4-ch helicopter.

When flown outside in calm wind the Quark is exceptionally stable. I can take my hands off the controls for more than 10 seconds and it wouldn't go anywhere but up or down (gently).

In terms of replacement parts. Hirobo has made the spare rotor blades (main rotor and tail) widely avaliable (from their distributors) and affordable. Other parts can also be easily found but I don't think you'll be needing to replace any parts because other than the two foam blades which are designed to break upon impact to minimize damage, other parts are extremely sturdy.
Lee ALmond
Flying Inverted
Flying Inverted

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:59 am
PostPost subject:

If I understand correctly the Quark is a logical step up from the CX2? Everything I have read about this little heli is very good. The only thing that scares me is the price tag. Other helis within the same price tag have many other options such as 3D capability. Just wondering. Have a great Christmas and New Years everybody. Notice I am not PC correct in the happy holiday's lame crap. Take care everyone. Peace.
silhouette015
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:22 pm
PostPost subject:

Lee ALmond wrote:
If I understand correctly the Quark is a logical step up from the CX2? Everything I have read about this little heli is very good. The only thing that scares me is the price tag. Other helis within the same price tag have many other options such as 3D capability. Just wondering. Have a great Christmas and New Years everybody. Notice I am not PC correct in the happy holiday's lame crap. Take care everyone. Peace.

I agree that the Quark is really expensive. For the price it's asking I also thought there would be 3D capabilities.

But I assure that you that you are really getting what you pay for. It's an amazing heli. Wink
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> S.R.B Quark All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: