Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Simulators / Training
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mistertwister
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:01 pm
PostPost subject: Flight Sim

Totally new to Rotary Wing Operations.Open to suggestions on Simulators.Want to spend considerable time on one before I sink to many$$ into actual a/c and auger in because I didnt take time for the basics.
Crashagain
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:44 am
PostPost subject:

RealFight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yeah!!!!!!!!!

Gotta luv it..
NMGeezer
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:46 am
PostPost subject:

Hi Mistertwister,

Check out T-R-E-V's thread in the simulator/ training forum, it is a good comparison of quite a few of the sims. I have FSOne and am looking for something else because they have very few helicopters and it dosen't look like they have any plans to do any updating. The throttle on the controler that came with it is very stiff, almost stickey and to use a spectrum controller like a DX5 or DX6, I would have to buy a $50.00 adapter. The graphics are actually pretty good but I'm not sure about the flight model. The T-Rex is almost impossible to hover, an experianced pilot at the LHS even had trouble but the CX2 is much easier to fly than my experiance. I have it narrowed down to three, Aero Fly Pro Deluxe, Real Flight 4.5 or Phoenix. Unfortunately there is no distributor for Phoenix in the U.S. at this time, they said one coming in a few weeks.
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:53 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi Mistertwister,

+1 on T-R-E-V-S thread there. It's a real good start. However, check your computer and controller requirements very carefully before parting with any money. It seems to me that the more expensive the simulator, the more advanced your computer needs to be.

Hi NMGeezer,

If you take the back of off your controller you will almost certainly find that the throttle stick friction device is a flat steel spring bar against a wheel. If you slacken the tension of the spring, the throttle will move more freely. I did this on my controller when I switched from planes to helis. Worked fine for me.
NMGeezer
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:47 am
PostPost subject:

Thanks for the tip Tombo, I will give it a try. It's not a real transmitter, but the Tac Con controller that comes with the sim and it has 8 screws in front and 4 in back. If I screw it up, I will really be looking for a new Sim Smile
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Simulators / Training All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: