Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Product Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimiheli
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:44 pm
PostPost subject: Syma 9087 Double Horse info needed for a newbie...:?:

Hey folks and Happy New Year! I am new to the heli world.

After purchasing an Air Hog Havoc, I got bit by the rotor virus even though this particular micro was a piece of garbage. Hard to control, would never fly correctly even after trimming and modding.

I decided to buy a 3 ch coaxial and got a Syma 9087 Double Horse as my next step up. According to UPS, it's slated to arrive this morning and I will try my best to give a review later. Anybody have any experiece with this particular model? I've google'd everywhere and simply cannot find a review on it.

~jim
jimiheli
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:15 am
PostPost subject: Syma 9087 Double Horse - Out of the box, The Good & BAD

Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad

Update. Green light appears to stay on all the time now.

After waiting for over a week, I got my package (finally!) and everything appeared to be intact.

All was good until I took the battery pack out of the heli and plugged it into the small charger pack that the AC adaptor plugs into. After about 2 minutes, I smelled an odor of melted plastic and noticed a small indention on the top or the plastic housing that looks like it’s been exposed to some form of heat…it appears to be melted.

The instructions state that the green light should be ON when the battery is plugged in and after 30 minutes, the green light will FLASH indicating a charged battery.

On this charger, the green light will go OFF when the battery is plugged in. That’s it. This doesn’t seem to charge my battery and matter of fact, I am scared of a possible fire hazard with this thing being plugged in!

It appears the heli’s great but that I have a defective charger and nevertheless, I cannot operate this helicopter after waiting over a week for this thing to get here!

I am anxious to fly, dog-gone-it! Email was sent to the vendor....response awaits for me. Gaak.

~jim
unif
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:00 pm
PostPost subject:

Very sorry to hear about your incident with the battery charger. If you smelled a burning odor then something was definitely wrong.

Please let us know what the vendor says.
jimiheli
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:21 am
PostPost subject:

Thanks!

Still waiting to hear back from the vendor, but after allowing the battery on this charger pack for maybe an hour under very watchful eyes, I managed to get a full battery.

This heli is rather tricky even if it is a coaxial. Getting a lot of drifting and rotation on my initial hovering last night. it appears it's probably not as precise and stable as I thought it would be.

~jim
edenwhw
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:29 pm
PostPost subject:

if u are keen to hv a 3ch co-axial heli then i think u should try SYMS S006, its quite steady during hovering n easy to fly.
jimiheli
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:01 am
PostPost subject:

Bad News...snapped off one of the bottom (B) blades getting a little cocky this morning. Anybody know a vendor that carries parts? Google is giving me nothing.

~jim Sad
zonemaster60
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:39 am
PostPost subject: You can go here for Syma DH 9087 parts

The Syma DH 9087 definitely needs some improvments, but after tweaking the rudder and RC hard turning adjustments and rudder trim controls it seems to fly quite stable. I have one so I know....

The charger? Hmmm the green light NEVER blinked just got brighter and brighter till i decided (after about 1.5 hours) it was charged. I wouldn't always trust the instructions (mainly cause there probably printed in Japan or China and NOT the USA)

The instructions also said there was a trim pot on the main copter PCB and there (of course) wasn't for adjusting the rudder trim control. All the adjustments are either mechanical or either on the RC itself. If you remove the cowling on the copter it is plain to see on the PCB there is NO trim pot of any kind, unless it is sealed. In that case I wouldn't bother with it anyway since it is sealed for a reason.

They would have put a potentiometer to access for adjustment if that is what it was meant for in the first place. The fact there isn't one most likely means the instructions are outdated.

Anyway....

The formula for charging the battery is as follows:

(Battery rating = xxxmAh / Charger rating xxxmA) X 1.4 for NiCad or 1.5 for NiMh = Charging time (in hours)

For 9087 parts you can try here:
http://yhst-94582326164583.ecommerce-site-search.com/?query=9087+syma&catalog=yhst-94582326164583&.autodone=nsearch.html

There are other places you can look for, you just need to do a little searching.
Andy Pandy
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:01 am
PostPost subject: Hi I need help trimming The Syma Double Horse 9087 Heli

hi i just brought The Syma Double Horse 9087 Helicopter and it keeps turning right each time i pull the left level up how do u stop it?
cris0205
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:05 am
PostPost subject:

I just got one as well. I was able to stop the right turn by turning the knob on the upper right of the remote all the way counter-clockwise. The instructions suck!

One question that I have for you...The forward and reverse attitude motor (on the tail) seems to be much more powerful in reverse. It barely inches forward, but go backwards in a real hurry. I've tried trimming without any luck. Does your heli do this as well?
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Product Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: