Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Walkera
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cgage
Flying Inverted
Flying Inverted

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:27 am
PostPost subject: bad experience with 5 10

I bought a 5 10. I'm also into the aesthetics of birds. I mean some of my judgement is based on the visual design. The 5 10 is a beautiful heli. However, mine hardly ever flew. I took it to a shop and the repairman said it was hopeless. He said there was no power in the motor. I got a refund from the dealer in california.
So now I've got a CX2. It flies well when I'm not crashing it but looks like a toy and its troublesome to take the canopy on and off.
-Just some of my thoughts on the 5 10
There are a lot of well designed (aesthetically) birds for under $400 but except for the little MCX I don't believe in their capabilities anymore
silhouette015
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:58 pm
PostPost subject:

thank you for your opinion.

I hope you'll be enjoying your blade cx2. I think it won't let you down because it's a tried and tested, time-proven, helicopter...
BearNurse
Flying Inverted
Flying Inverted

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:43 am
PostPost subject:

that really sucks..... i got mt 5 10 on 1/6/09 it has't really flown more than 5 feet of the ground for over a few seconds.......i am waiting on a new lipo and charger from the dealer....hope it works....got mine out of california too
BearNurse
Flying Inverted
Flying Inverted

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:01 pm
PostPost subject:

well it is 1/22 now and i still haven't flown my 5 10....now waiting on a rx....was told if it didn't work to send heli back and they would look at it and fix it.....even though it has taking a long time so far .....i really have learned a lot about my heli in how it works and how to repair it.... so all in all the only thing it has cost me is some patience. not bad i think....the people at xheli have really been working hard to help me and make me happy
cgage
Flying Inverted
Flying Inverted

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:09 pm
PostPost subject:

You might try an eflite mx2. They're cheap and fly flawlessly. I'm learning to fly anmx2 now. I prefer smaller helicopters and i would get another 5 10 if I thought it would fly.
BearNurse
Flying Inverted
Flying Inverted

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:06 am
PostPost subject:

yeah I hear you... this whole thing is making me want to stay away from walkeras completely
luvdisstuff
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:51 am
PostPost subject:

What abummer about the 5 10. I like them too and was thinking of buying one this summer. Maybe I will look for something else now. I think there are issues with all of these birds. I have 2 blade mcx copters and both are grounded. I harldley even flew them. I am now trying to figure out how to do the repairs on them. I also bought a 5g6-1 metal version by Walkera. It is about the same size as the MCX bit all comparisons end there. The MCX was{is ]a sweet flyer when its working. It is easy to control for a beginner like me. But even I want a little more forward bite to the thing. The Walkera 5g6 flys like a bigger bird. It is heavier and much much much quicker all around. I like the MCX for cruising around but the walkera is a race car next to the mcx i,m telling you. I have an issue with mcx durability and we'll see about the Walkera 5g6
conax
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:41 am
PostPost subject:

I have a lama 2q that is so poorly designed the tiny, fragile gears get out of whack and break regularly. I have learned a lesson about coaxials. Don't buy one unless you like to spend hours fixing it to get 20 minutes of sticktime. The shipping fees are a killer on the parts, as I have to order them from CA...
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:51 am
PostPost subject:

I'm really surprised to hear that you guys are having problems. I thought the Walkera 5#10 Co-axial was a good helicopter. I also thought that Walkera produced a good product. Good thing that Xheli is supporting you with your problems.
NMGeezer
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:07 am
PostPost subject:

Hi Luvdisstuff,

What on earth did you do to your MCX's, run over them with your car? Smile
I have been flying mine for a year, bounced it off the TV, flew it into the celing light, went up under the table lamp shade, dropped it between the TV stand and the wall, bounced it off the wall several times and many unpowered landings from over three feet. The only damage I have had was a broken flybar Brkt. when I tried to land on a coffee can, caught the rear of the skid and did a nose dive into the floor. No time to cut power.
In my case, the heli is very stable, the pilot was the problem. I can now fly it without my wife leaving the room and making me cover up the TV Smile
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Walkera All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: