Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Walkera
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johny.5
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:01 pm
PostPost subject: walkera tx

hi was wondering if anyone knows if i can use my spare walkera tx for a 450 if i get another rx i know the walkera 22e has rudder from the onboard rx and not a seperate channel but can i use the tx for this new project or do i have to buy a new one i have both crystals one in the tx and one from the old 22e rx if so how do i find out which channel runs the rudder control. I don`t fly the 22e much newbe so i crash it a lot hence the afore mentioned spares thought that i might put a 450 together from a kit and have somthing to do while i wait for the wind to soften wont spend much at first just buy from china for the experience of building be gratefull for any help on this
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:45 pm
PostPost subject:

Just my opinion but I think a 450 deserves a DX6I radio. Or some other very good radio. A 450 helicopter packs quite a wallop. I don't think I'd try a 450 with a Walkera radio. Maybe some of the heli pros will come along here and provide help.

I'm a newbie also and really don't have that much knowledge about radios. I heard the DX6I was one of the best so that's why I bought a Blade B400 mainly for that radio. Comes with a DX6I.

Just Me thinking here.

Jack
johny.5
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 1:17 am
PostPost subject: walkera tx

Hi thanks pjdog thats good to know i want to build the 450 just for the build experiance so any info is appreciated would be a long time before i would be trying to fly the 450 anyway still crashing the 22e thats expencive enough Cheers for the reply
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 1:31 am
PostPost subject:

I think that using your 22e radio will not be satisfactory. As I understand it you cannot set pitch and throttle curves with it. This is essential for a 450. Your PIT knob is something that most 450 owners would be quite amused by. A little like having a hand ignition advance on a car. It is now very much yesterdays technology but geared for the 22e only.

Like PJdog says "get a DX6i" or any other good programmable 6 channel Tx. I have no problems with my DX6i but many people swear by Futaba. The choice is yours, but I would ensure that it has full range DSM2 technology and a good "Out of Range" failsafe Rx. That should keep it reasonably compatible for a year or two.
scopkin
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:54 am
PostPost subject: Re: walkera tx

hey man yes u can use it but it can be a bit faultie
johny.5 wrote:
hi was wondering if anyone knows if i can use my spare walkera tx for a 450 if i get another rx i know the walkera 22e has rudder from the onboard rx and not a seperate channel but can i use the tx for this new project or do i have to buy a new one i have both crystals one in the tx and one from the old 22e rx if so how do i find out which channel runs the rudder control. I don`t fly the 22e much newbe so i crash it a lot hence the afore mentioned spares thought that i might put a 450 together from a kit and have somthing to do while i wait for the wind to soften wont spend much at first just buy from china for the experience of building be gratefull for any help on this
akhileshgarwal
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:28 pm
PostPost subject: Walkera 60#B Tx Wk 2601 problems- need help

The radio I have is Wk 2601. I don’t wish to mess around with it, but I do have a problem that the rudder stick does not work[rudder trim does if I connect the rudder servo directly without the gyro] and the elevator trim does not work[the elevator stick does]. I thought maybe the pots are bad and I might be able to replace them and fix the problem, but no such luck. I need to understand whether the stick pot and trim pot are in the same voltage sensor/divider circuit, in series or parallel and if replacing the pots might help. A new radio would be expensive. Where can I send it for repair ?
Pappy K
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:56 pm
PostPost subject:

I use a Walkera 2801 Pro Transmitter for all of my 'copters. If the 'copter comes to hand with some other Rx in it I replace it with a Walkera Rx.
nick_onelove
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:49 pm
PostPost subject:

I just got a Walkera DEVO 8 with my V100D08 (which really gives the mCP X a run for its money btw) and it is really nice.

The touch-screen programming interface is extremely intuitive, it has the familiarity of computer software. It's also eliminated the range issues the 2603/2801 supposedly had. Because of that it won't be backwards compatible with the old Walkera receivers, but I've heard they're working on a program where you can send in your old receivers to swap for the new versions.

It certainly won't be replacing my DX8 anytime soon, but I will be getting the new receivers for my other Walkera helis so I can lose the 2801-Pro.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Walkera All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: