Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Eflite Blade helicopters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robbiebob
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:53 pm
PostPost subject: My MCX

Hey there people, hope everyone is doing fine, well, I have added a MCX to my squadron and I can say that its a fantasic little flyer. It is just a buzz to fly and heaps of fun. But wife wont let me fly it in the house, oh well,,haha. When flying in my garage, if it bounces off the ceiling, she gets into a big blade slapper and down she goes, bounces once, so I just walk over to it, put it on its skids and away she goes again,,how cool is that. Cheers from Rob.
NMGeezer
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:32 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi robbiebob,

The MCX is the only one that my wife will let me fly in the house. She checks out every crash site for dings, so far so good. I even hit my new flat panel TV when I first started, no damage to either. She has even gotten use to the MCX buzzing around the living room when she is watching TV Smile

Now the CX2 is a whole other story. I tried it in the living room once and was promptly moved outside Smile
roguepink
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:06 pm
PostPost subject:

Very shortly you will not have any worries about crashing into anything. The MCX is real easy to learn. Now I try to see how small of a space I can fly into and out of. Or sometimes I see how close I can hover to the cat before he smacks it out of the air. Its his favorite new toy.
walterharris
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:13 am
PostPost subject: My MCX

Wow db, you are making this thing better and better. Just to know, have you had any flight experience before the MCX? I might look into one for christmas
carr52
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:10 am
PostPost subject:

Wow, after reading all the other problems concerning mcx I feel kinda petty about my little problem. I've read quite a few post on the mcx but my problem is pretty simple. I think you call it TBE. The little heli does a really mild oscilating motion. Not a big problem but I was wondering if that is normal. It's not really that bad thats why I said I feel kinda petty about saying anything about it. Just keep oving as fast as I can without hitting anything. The plasma tv is tuffer than the heli so I aint worried. Everything in the living room survived the DH 9100 so I figure it'll survive this. Thanks for your help.
Tom
carr52
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:45 am
PostPost subject:

Well I think I know what the cause of the oscilation is. I was watching as the blades turned real slow and the shaft has a wobble to it. I believe I bent it a little. So I either need to get a new shaft or just buy another one so I'll have the extr parts when I need them. And I feel pretty sure I'll need them sooner or later. I also noticed last night that the swash plate is kinda sloppy. So while looking online for a new MCX I saw all these really cool looking parts. The blue CNC stuff. Alot of the blue parts are out of stock right now. Bummer cause I think the little fella deserves to be rebuilt with nice parts. I guess I'll have tokeep looking till I find the parts. I'll probably need everything from the swash plate up. I know it would be cheaper to just get another heli for the parts but the blue and the aluminium cnc stuff Just looks so solid. Like it will hold up better and it looks cool.
Tom
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:42 pm
PostPost subject: post subject

You need to be a bit cautious how much bling to put on those small heli's.
The extra weight can upset the balance and cut down on flight time.
Some of it will improve performance and some will make it fly worse.
Maybe some one else who has tried it could be more informative.
carr52
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:59 pm
PostPost subject:

Thanks chopper, I hadn't thought of that. Boy that would suck. I could cause more problems by trying to make it better. Thanks. I guess I better stick to stock parts. They made it that way for a reason I guess. Thanks again.
Tom
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:53 pm

Hi carr52
i know you were talking about the Blade mcx but here is a link to an earlier post about bling on the Blade msr. Hope it helps. I dont want to put you off i am just advising caution. That cnc stuff isn't cheap and its dissapointing if it doesn't have the desired effect.
http://www.electric-rc-helicopter.com/phpbb/msr-with-upgrades-t3993.html
carr52
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:06 pm
PostPost subject:

Yep, that answers alot of questions. I dont want any excess weight so the metal parts are out. Thanks chopper. I didn't want them just for pretty, I thought they would make it fly betteralso. Help get rid of the osscilating motion.
Tom
carr52
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:20 am
PostPost subject:

Was just wondering if there is a way to give my MCX a little more forward speed without adding weight to the nose? Maybe a way to adjust the servos.

Tom
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:33 pm
PostPost subject:

Can you move the battery forward a little Tom? That should do it.

Tom.
carr52
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:44 pm
PostPost subject:

Will do tombo. I really like that little.it's easy, and fun to fly. I also have the esky nano. It's quite a bit faster but prone to blade strikes. Thanks tom.

Tom
chopper54
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:31 am

If you have the mcx2 i thought it had the advanced longer balls on the swash. Using them should give a bit more speed. You might also find that putting the gyro switch in the down position will give a bit of extra throw on the servo's and hence more speed.
carr52
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:34 am
PostPost subject:

I added a tiny weight under the nose and turned the servo links down two full turns. OK, that gives me a slight forward drift but the forward speed has more than doubled. I'm happy with the change. It still has that TBE effect that it had before but it's probably from all the crashes it's been involved in. Now to try and figure out how to get rid of that. This is just too fun of an aircraft to let sit. I really like it because it's one I can fly in my small living room without getting hit in the face again. Thats hurts.

Tom
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Eflite Blade helicopters All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: