Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Product Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sun9612
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:40 am
PostPost subject: 4 CH 2.4GHz BlitzRCWorks Golden Contra Flybarless Help

Hi, I recently purchased the Helicopter from Banana Hobbie and the one of the tail rotor propeller chipped off. How do I remove the old one and pu the new one back in?
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:43 am
PostPost subject:

Most smaller helicopter like the Blade MSR, Exceed Falcon 40 v2 you just pull the old one off the push the new one on. If you don't see anything like a nut or screw then I'bet that's what you do.

Have you order a replacement tail rotor propeller yet?

Jack
sun9612
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:49 am
PostPost subject:

Thank you for replying, and i did order one. However it doesn't seem to come out by pulling. What should i do?
platinum
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:58 am
PostPost subject:

sun9612 wrote:
Thank you for replying, and i did order one. However it doesn't seem to come out by pulling. What should i do?

Let's notice from the picture. Like Jack said if you don't see anything like a nut or screw just pull it off.

FYI : A few observations on these Contras. The brittle plastic tri blade tail rotors are very delicate. They break with minimal contact with anything also the tail motor will not last long too.

platinum

Last edited by platinum on Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total
sun9612
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:03 am
PostPost subject:

So overall there is not way to fix the tail wing?
sun9612
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:14 am
PostPost subject:

I tried to pull it as hard as i can but it seems like it doesn't come off. One the other side of this there is this metal nut holding the rotor.. i'm not sure what do with this.
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:11 am
PostPost subject:

sun9612:

It looks to me as if it will pull off. Do you have a gear puller. That will remove it for sure.

With another one coming what have you got to lose.

Horizon has a great gear puller. It also will press a gear of rotor prop on.

Jack
sun9612
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:18 am
PostPost subject:

Ok, i will sure get that product. Thanks for the advise everyone, and please if someone finds a way to do please let me know, thank you
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:44 am
PostPost subject:

sun9612:

Enter your location in your profile so we know were you are located.

Jack
nick_onelove
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:42 pm
PostPost subject:

sun9612 wrote:
I tried to pull it as hard as i can but it seems like it doesn't come off. One the other side of this there is this metal nut holding the rotor.

Is there anyway to loosen that nut? Does it use a set-screw/grub-screw?
sun9612
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:50 pm
PostPost subject:

There is a screw but it's a different type. I';m not sure what i'm suppose to do and i'm loacted Chicago, IL
nick_onelove
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:27 pm
PostPost subject:

What do you mean a different kind of screw? Does it just need a hex driver maybe?
magyarbacsi
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:13 am
PostPost subject: bannanahoby Golden Contra tail rotor

I have the flyless, copter that is, model as well, and have replaced the tail rotor buku times. Here is how I doit and not have to mess with the shaft coming out. Break off the rest of the blades and then use a pair of dikes the cut the hub as close as you can near the shaft, then just pull off the rest with your hands. It just crumbles off. The center start the new rotor and using a large enough channel locks, gently squeeze it on. Makes sure the the jaw in the back is right on the tail shaft end and the front jaw on center of the rotor hub. The jaws should be open, wide, enough so they are near parallel as you start to squeeze so it applies equal pressure and not bend the shaft. I have done this so many times and in less than 2 minutes

I could never get my contra to fly without a sudden wondering in any direction. O converted it to a fly bar head and now almost as steady as my CB180D. By the way, don spend the $10. each, for the Airy rotors. They brake off just as easily. Depending on which way the tail rotor spins at time of impact. I went through in about 3 flights. Did not crash, just came in contact with a solid object.
magyarbacsi
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:34 am
PostPost subject: Golden Contra tail rotor replace

Sorry about the typo. If I dont punch the keys hard enough, it skips a letter or my fingers are not as fast as my brains. I'm sure that will change.

Have you successfully flown the flybarless Contra? I got to where I could hover and then the darn thing would leap on way or another, most of the time to the ground and chew the main gear to bits as the throttle stayed on.

I eventually placed a rubber band on the throttle so when I let go of it, it shut the throttle off and saved the main gear just before gravity got hold of it. It is still more sensitive than my Walkera, but at Least I can maneuver it, gently, around the yard.

That was my last attempt to salvage the Contra before I ditched it, or give it to my worst enemy as a gift. By the way, it is an exact copy of the Walkera CB180D, Exceed MadHawk 300, (have both)and who knows what else so if u need parts bannana has them, but shipping is always high.
magyarbacsi
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:32 am
PostPost subject: Golden Contra tail rotor removal

I was in a haste when I read your post and just re read it where you describe the tail rotor assembly. I dont know what nut you are talking about. I think we have the same copter. There is no motor at the end of the tail boom. It is a torque tube that has beveled gears in the tail, through which is a small shaft that extends out the right side and the rotor is pressed on it. If you have a tail motor directly driving the rotor, it has been modified, or bananahobby has come out with a new version. My golden Contra is only a month old, but then it could have been a previous model. It doesn't matter, as my method will work as well. When I stated cut the rotor hub in half, I meant along the same line as the small shaft. Basically you are splitting it in half along the shaft as close to the shaft as possible with out cutting the shaft and then you can pull it off off. There is a youtube demo that shows how to press it on, but the guy removes the damaged one by heating the hub with a soldering iron.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Product Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: