big lama tx question...

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> LAMA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spoonerrw
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:04 pm
PostPost subject: big lama tx question...

i have my big lama transmitter bound to both my lama and my E500 and was testing the 500 today working out a balance issue. i was making a hard left banked turn when the motors quit and it fell to the ground! this is the fifth time this has happened in the last month and i replaced other things, never thinking the tx itself was the problem. no damage this time thankfully, but what i found was... if i push the right stick up too close to the upper left hand corner, the heli loses its bind with the servo's going haywire, back away from that corner and its bind comes back? i dont fly my lama the way i fly the 500, so i put a battery in the lama and pushed the right stick all the way up to that corner and when it got too close to it, sure enough... lost its bind then came back when i backed away from it. i took the tx apart but as the module is sealed, i was not able to tell if it was defective or damaged in some way. the rest of the tx "appears" to be ok, but it is all circuitry, so no way of knowing for sure? this problem occurs on both heli's and in the exact same spot on the right stick of the tx. has anyone ever experienced this before? i am guessing that i need to replace the tx as it doesnt appear that there is any way i can repair it, or even worth trying to repair?
thanks Smile
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:50 pm
PostPost subject:

spoonerrw:

If your thinking of replacing your TX I would concider getting a programable TX like a Spektrum DX6I. You would of course need to also replace the receiver in both your heli's but I've seen on this forum where some folks have done it and made there Lama's fly super good.

Target hobbies in Chine sells real Spektrum receivers of as little $ 3.99. I've got at least 35 of these receivers and never had a failure with them.

I've also seen special sales of DX6I's with two receivers.

Foor for thought.

Talk to Tombo242.

jack
spoonerrw
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:58 pm
PostPost subject:

thanks pj... a little out of my price range right now to do that conversion, but definitely down the road Smile . just curious if anyone ever had this happen hoping to verify that the tx is the problem and not something else?
laneritc
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:44 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi spoonerrw, had a problem with a walkera TX, at 60% throttle lost power above or below worked fine, had several more TX's so removed battery pack and stored it. I agree with jack bought a specktrum DX6I that came with three 6ch RX's retail price just for the RX's was $180.00 gave $209.00 less 10% for the whole package. Hope this helps... Lane
spoonerrw
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:55 am
PostPost subject:

laneritc wrote:
Hi spoonerrw, had a problem with a walkera TX, at 60% throttle lost power above or below worked fine, had several more TX's so removed battery pack and stored it. I agree with jack bought a specktrum DX6I that came with three 6ch RX's retail price just for the RX's was $180.00 gave $209.00 less 10% for the whole package. Hope this helps... Lane

i agree as well, and firedude just converted his to spektrum with excellent success and results. i would love to as well, but finances just wont permit for a while yet. eventually though, i will do this too as i have three nitro planes that can also be modeled in that one radio Smile. for now... i have to stick with stock, but eventually Wink.
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:57 am
PostPost subject:

Save for the DX6i or similar, nothing worse than having to take 3 or 4 Txs to the field with batteries for them as well as the helis/planks. I've got more models than I should on a DX6i. (Currently 11 & 1 more under construction.) Only the 6 channel helis and planks have a channel to themselves.

If you're going to advance in this hobby it will cost, but the pleasure will far outweigh the price. Get the best that you can afford and then modify it to be the best. You can save a lot on many things but the Tx is something that you cannot skimp on.

Just my $0.02 worth,

Tom.
spoonerrw
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:50 am
PostPost subject:

tombo242 wrote:
Save for the DX6i or similar, nothing worse than having to take 3 or 4 Txs to the field with batteries for them as well as the helis/planks. I've got more models than I should on a DX6i. (Currently 11 & 1 more under construction.) Only the 6 channel helis and planks have a channel to themselves.

If you're going to advance in this hobby it will cost, but the pleasure will far outweigh the price. Get the best that you can afford and then modify it to be the best. You can save a lot on many things but the Tx is something that you cannot skimp on.

Just my $0.02 worth,

Tom.

i am hoping for one at christmas, a long ways off yet, but maybe? for now, i dont have a choice and my goal is to stay in the air Smile. i put too much time in to these to to let them sit, so sticking with stock is my only option at present Wink.
you work on the dx6i is incredible Tom and those efforts are greatly appreciated by many, including me. eventually... i will be able to apply them to a dx6i of my own Smile.
firedude52
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:39 am
PostPost subject:

Since I'm flying all my stuff on the DX6i now I'm sending Spooner one of my stock eSky Tx's tomorrow to use and hopefully hold him over until he can get a DX6i. Wink
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:15 pm
PostPost subject:

Good Show firedude52.

Your a good man.

jack
firedude52
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:27 am
PostPost subject:

On it's way Spoon! You'll be flying high in a couple days lol Wink Actually it's reciprocal Wink He's sent me a few items I needed as well Smile
spoonerrw
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:59 pm
PostPost subject:

pjdog wrote:
Good Show firedude52.

Your a good man.

jack

yes he is... he's the best!
Thanks FD... will keep an eye out for it Smile
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> LAMA All times are GMT + 7 Hours