Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> LAMA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hal the Elder
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:02 pm
PostPost subject: TAKING BACK MY OFFER

I'm giving my BIG (bad) LAMA to my brother-in-law...he hasn't been injured in awhile!

Here's the picture I emailed to him:
HAL
firedude52
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:28 am
PostPost subject:

Hal, I guess I don't understand here, but it's obviously your choice of course, but you keep labeling the Big Lama as "bad" and "evil". None of the helicopters will do anything "bad" or "evil" unless YOU let them (with exception of course as in anything). No different than driving a car or operating anything mechanical in nature. Sorry it didn't work out for you and best of luck with the RC tanks as I know many who are into them and enjoy them. I just think it's a bit unfair to "dog" the Big lama for a mistake you made. You saw the pic of my hand. The Big Lama didn't cause that, I did. You also mentioned it was your fault so not sure why you insist on labeling it as "bad" lol? Good luck with the tanks and don't shoot your eye out! Wink Laughing

I once rear ended a lady in my beautuful Chevy truck Embarassed I couldn't blame it on the truck or say it was bad, evil or that Chevy was horrible. The driver (me) was at fault. Rolling Eyes Laughing I could have gotten a tank, but kept my Chevy truck and became a bit more vigilant from there on out. Wink Laughing

As with anything we have to maintain good judgement and safety. It's the same driving to the store and back.
Hal the Elder
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:10 pm
PostPost subject:

Tony, as I have stated more than once in this thread: The fault was MINE ONLY, because of my inattention and disregard for the basic rules of safety.

Therefore, no fault attaches to the Big Lama. It's a fine little Coaxial Helicopter to learn on!

but it's still evil.....
Hal the Elder

Last edited by Hal the Elder on Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hal the Elder
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:14 pm
PostPost subject:

All RC helicopters are potentially dangerous, from the little sparrow-sized toys to the giant quarter-scalers.

Even a TREX 700 has the capability to sever a man's arm!

They could therefore be called KillerKopters and not be inaccurate!

There is only one class of helicopter that is completely safe for the operator: The kind you fly from sitting in its cockpit, safely out of reach from its rotor!

You can absolutely rely on what I say, because I have virtually NO experience whatever in owning and flying a radio-controlled model Helicopter!

HALLELUJAH

(This massive display of energy originated from a tennis-ball size sphere of Plutonium, encased in a Fat Man implosion bomb anchored 80 feet beneath the surface of Bikini Lagoon.
This shot was known as "Baker 2", and was detonated in July, 1946, when was 10 years old.)

Ahhh, what history I've seen!

Click to enlarge.

firedude52
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:28 pm
PostPost subject:

Hal, all I can say is whatever you drive, fly or operate I want to be several hundred miles away!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Hal the Elder
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:32 am
PostPost subject:

Thanks for the compliment, Tony! Very Happy

Hal the Nuke
firedude52
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:34 am
PostPost subject:

Wink Laughing
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:24 am
PostPost subject:

Hal the Elder wrote:
There is only one class of helicopter that is completely safe for the operator: The kind you fly from sitting in its cockpit, safely out of reach from its rotor!

You can absolutely rely on what I say, because I have virtually NO experience whatever in owning and flying a radio-controlled model Helicopter!

Well Hal you could try asking the pilot of 'Bravo November' an RAF Chinook in Afganistan. He got a bullet through the windshield that went through the side of his helmet and scraped his skull. Got his pick-up troops back to base though. Depends where and how you're flying 'um I suppose. 'BN' came home with 18 large holes in it!

Tom.
Hal the Elder
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:15 am
PostPost subject:

Yes Sir!

Halsworth
firedude52
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:54 am
PostPost subject:

tombo242 wrote:
Hal the Elder wrote:

Well Hal you could try asking the pilot of 'Bravo November' an RAF Chinook in Afganistan. He got a bullet through the windshield that went through the side of his helmet and scraped his skull. Got his pick-up troops back to base though. Depends where and how you're flying 'um I suppose. 'BN' came home with 18 large holes in it!

Tom.

Tom I saw that story, how COOL was that!? Cool

Hal being a real rotor winged pilot (FW as well) your statement isn't quite true lol. Wink I remember my days back in Nam and if the blades ever come in contact with anything but the air they come apart and shrapnel flies everywhere, even through the cockpit. Not to mention the copter falls out of the air Shocked Wink A lot also has to do with "who's flying the thing".
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:18 am
PostPost subject:

+1 on that Tony,

A heli is a collection of parts awaiting an opportunity to fall apart again. Doesn't take much to make it happen and without rotors they don't glide very well.

Tom.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> LAMA All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: