Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Product Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bladeboy
Flying Inverted
Flying Inverted

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:36 pm
PostPost subject: blade 400, t rex 450, blade cp pro, blade cp or somthin else

hello,

I have had a sim for about 2 years now and am getting very good with the dominion 3d 90 and can fly inverted and do nose down inverted funnels and such without crashing and showed it to a guy at the local hobby shop and he was impressed and suggested the blade 400. Is this one bigger harder to fly than the blade cp pro? Or should I get a trex 450... I want rtf heli and am wondering wich one to get I feel like I could easily fly like a blade cp pro...

Thanks
Dumb Thumbs
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:07 am
PostPost subject:

The Blade 400 is a little bigger then the CP pro, both are RTF. I have the CP pro & it's a handfull to keep in the air for a novice pilet like me! The 400 is a small step ahead of the CP, but way short of a T-rex in quality. I'm looking towards a T- rex 450 SE version 2 myself right now. As far as I know though the T-rex's are only sold as kits (build it) or ARF (add your own servos, reciver, gyro).
Works for me, I figure if I build it myself I'll know how to fix it when "the earth jumps up & smashes it). Rolling Eyes
bladeboy
Flying Inverted
Flying Inverted

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:42 pm
PostPost subject:

Ok so I didnt really understand that the 400 is a small step above the cp pro or cp? wich model would you reccomend I buy? It would be a while if it is the blade 400 im poor.
Dumb Thumbs
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:07 am
PostPost subject:

The 400 is small step above CP or CP pro WHEN compared to a model like a T-rex or something similar.
The 400 has all the goodies for 3D flight, brushless motor & ESC, bigger amp battery, heading hold gyro... Much more $$$ you probable know.
Does a new piolet need all that though? Probable not, (except for the gyro that is.)
I'd go with the CP and as soon as getting comfortable flying it I'd get a gyro for it. Latter you can add more hopups, symmetricla blades, brushless power...
One caveat, i've read that CP & Pros burn through tail moters quickly. Hasn't happened to my CP Pro yet in 20 or more flights, but a motor is quick fix and only costs $10.
bladeboy
Flying Inverted
Flying Inverted

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:57 am
PostPost subject:

I think the blade cp pro is my choice did you mean the blade 400 is a step above the cp, cp pro skill level wise or quality wise? Can the cp pro fly inverted out of the box? could you do like elevator tic tocs or something crazy like that with it? What is one of the best helis for the biggest most challenging eurobatics such as (raptor 90se) would the raptor seires be best for that or t rex? just wondering
Crashagain
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:30 pm
PostPost subject:

Don't get a cp pro... Just my .02
I had one and they SUCK..!! They fly like a humingbird on crack. Super twitchy and they don't like any wind, it pushes them around. and parts are not that cheap to fix it everytime you crash, which will happen alot.
The blade 400 is a nice machine, I've seen one fly at my LHS and was pretty impressed. The parts are comparable in price to the t-rex and it will do everything out of the box. You will want to upgrade the gyro, the stock one is not that good.
I got a T-rex and love it. Very stable and the wind does not bother it. It will balloon in the wind, but not get blown away like the cp pro.
bladeboy
Flying Inverted
Flying Inverted

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:30 pm
PostPost subject:

LOL are they really that bad? Can they even fly inverted I got one on the sim and it sucks crap like it was impossible to fly is that how bad it is in real life? I am not going to be doing technical 3d just a little bit of outdoor inverted flight and all that. I need the heli that will get that job done. Is the 400 a good someone said it didnt fly very well but I dont believe them. Can you fly the blade 400 in side your house? I think the blade 400 is my choice. Please tell me as much as you can about these two hlis and the diffewrences between them and why I should get this one or why I shuld get this one if you want to reccomend a heli I havent listed you may do so.
Crashagain
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:27 am
PostPost subject:

Yes they are that bad in real life..I had one and everytime I flew it, it was a 20 to 40 dollar repair bill...
No you don't want to fly anything larger then a CX2 inside your home.
I have seen the blade 400 upclose and have seen it fly as well.
Very nice heli if you really want an RTF, best way to go I think.
But they are limited as far as upgrades and I have already read people having trouble when they want to upgrade the servos. The chasis is made specific for the E-Flite servos. Also I have not seen any metal upgrades for them yet.
I'd say go ARF, and get a combo kit T-rex450 or CopterX(it's clone)
and do it yourself.
tons of upgrades, support and a proven bird...
Infact the parts between the two are interchangable.
I just got my CopterX V2 head this week and put it on my T-rex.
I think ( in my opnion) that you will be dissapointed in the long run with a RTF heli. Especially one that has not been around that long.
bladeboy
Flying Inverted
Flying Inverted

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:32 am
PostPost subject:

I am defnitatly not a good builder and if there is a lot of trying to figure out what goes where that is not gonna be in my list. I really dont like that I am 11 years old and I dont know for sure that I could go froma a cx2 right up to a t rex 450 could I? This is just another reason I dont know though the rex is going to be 600 dollars for everything (right?) that is a little past my budget. Right now I am leaning towards the blade 400 unless someone convinces me to get the 450. I would like to start learning the capabiltiteis of the 400.

Thanks,

bladeboy
Crashagain
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:33 pm
PostPost subject:

Here is a link to another site that has an entire thread on the blade 400.
You can read about others likes and dislikes, and builds.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=797609

Building a heli is not really that hard and if you think about it, as soon as you have your first crash you will have to build your heli to get her back in the air.
I have seen combo kits for the T-rex for 500 dollars that advertise on the thread I showed you in the banner at the top of the page.
It's only 40 bucks more then the blade 400.
In the end it is up to what you want to do. We can only offer you our advice from experience. You spend the money so you make the final choice.

Good luck.
thedodd
Flying Inverted
Flying Inverted

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:21 am
PostPost subject:

none of those helis that say RTF are really ready to fly i bought a rtf walkera 68 b and it was a pos not all rtf chops are junk but definatley need some initiall tweaking and setup. rtf is nice but building a heli is the best way to figure them at and get to know how they work. remember you get what you pay for. if i could do it all over again i would buy a cheap practice heli and build a rex 450 while i practiced
DinoD
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:11 pm
PostPost subject: 400

Bladeboy, this is my 2 cents. Crashagain is right about the building part, you will have to learn it sooner or later. If you don't, it's best not to get into heli's because gravity has a nasty habit. I started with a CX2 and saved my pennies for the Trex 450. I thought of the Blade 400 but I found too many bad reviews about the servos and the lack of upgrades. The Trex has all the parts you could ever want, probably less expensive than the 400 in the long run and it's the best flying and stable bird out there in my humble opinion.
HeliRyan
Hopping Maniac
Hopping Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:35 pm
PostPost subject:

Bladeboy, im in the same situation as you at the moment (im only 13) and have a CX2. (you should read my post about taking off the flybar weights to make the CX2 fly more like a FP)
Well anyway i think ill go with the blade 400 becuase
1. It come fully RTF.
2. LHS stocks it.
3. Comes with a spectrum 2.4 Ghz DX6i transmitter so that it feels "locked in" like the cx2.

And i know that there arn't many servos that fit it but if you look around you can find some that fit. (i know that someone mentioned somewhere that some type of Hitec servo fitted)

Sure the T-rex is better quality but but the time you buy the heli and fit it out with electronics and get a radio the cost will all add up and end up costing you alot of $$$.

Ryan.
francois123
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:08 pm
PostPost subject:

How about getting a Mini Titan. The standard kit is just as good as a Trex and it flies great. Easy to build and solid as a rock.
vrthai
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:28 pm
PostPost subject:

francois123 wrote:
How about getting a Mini Titan. The standard kit is just as good as a Trex and it flies great. Easy to build and solid as a rock.

On that note, a new version (SE) of the miniTitan was recently released and it comes with lots of lots of upgrades right out of the box. So I guess the already great heli is getting even better.

(I fly the T-REX by the way)
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Product Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: