Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Tip and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magyarbacsi
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:04 pm
PostPost subject: what is the easiest 450 size copter

from what I've read so far, there is no such thing as an easy to fly cp copter. I'm just beginning to get the hang of my CB180D and similar units and thinking ahead to a larger 450 size. I want one that can handle 5+ mph winds and I know the smaller 4 ch wont do it. If there was a 4ch that could do the job, I'd rather get that as I dont really want to get into the super expensive and complex set up of the cp blades, if I don't have to.

I have a brand new Futaba 6ch 2.4 plane/heli Tr,Rx that I have not used yet and if I can get a BNF kit, that'd be even better.

So what is the "easiest" 450 to learn to fly out there and are the plastic blade holders worht the cheaper price or will I eventually transit into the metal heads.
Not into the 3d stuff. I get my urge to the aerobatic stuff with my planes. I have 9 acers with some clearing, but not enough to fly planes, hence the interest in copters, but the constant light to moderate wind challenges the 200 size copters.
I'm beyond the twin blade coaxils and even tried the flybarles banana hobby Contra. Not too well, but then I have not found any friendly words re that model. I was able to fly the Walkera the first time out of the box, just hover, and simple manuevers the second try.
Skyepuncher
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:25 pm
PostPost subject:

Any 450 size will handle 5+ mph winds Sounds like You have a nice
Radio, but I don`t know of any BNF`s that will bind to the Futaba.
Someone else on here might, tho.
Don`t know if any one 450 could be classified as the easiest
to fly, as they all function the same. But any of them can be
toned down with transmitter settings. Parts availability should
be foremost on Your mind when making Your decision.
Good luck, & keep us posted.
Scott
nick_onelove
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:32 am
PostPost subject:

Any heli can be made more docile with your transmitter. Just because a heli is capable of 3D doesn't mean it's more difficult to fly than any other CP, it's usually quite the opposite in fact.

Futaba has the Heli-Max Axe 400 that comes in a receiver-ready version, but it doesn't come close to the quality of the Blade 450. I think I mentioned this, but I'm fairly sure you could get a Blade 450, sell the Spektrum receiver, and toss in a Futaba receiver without too much difficulty.
solentlife
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:33 pm
PostPost subject:

Agree with others ... basically 450's are similar in use ... so it's down to price at end of day.

Personally - stay away from plastic heads ... you'll end up replacing it with metal.

I would also suggest :

Carbon Fibre Frame - it is far more resistant to damage and will not deform as an alloy will

Alloy tail boom / metal tail / head and belt drive.
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:43 pm
PostPost subject:

magyarbacsi:

I'm with Nick_onelove here. I would go for a Blade b400 or the 450. They are sweet helicopters. I have a B400 and it's still all original. Even the rotor head and tail assembly. Came plastic and is still working well. They use to sell the B400 BNF so your Futaba gear would slip right in there. I don't believe the B450 is available as a BNF yet.

As far a easy to fly the gang has it right here - they all pretty much fly the same. In my mind a 6 channel CP flies much better and easier that a 4 channel FP. I've had both and I wasted my money on the FP helicopters.

Well except for the little MSR. That little sucker is a blast to fly and a FP helicopter.

jack
nick_onelove
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:36 pm
PostPost subject:

pjdog wrote:
I don't believe the B450 is available as a BNF yet.

Horizon actually really got it together this time, the BNF version has been available as long as the RTF version has.

If you want to build your own for cheaper, the Copter-X kit you've been looking at would be good. But if you want quality right out of the box with all the build and set up done for you, the B450 BNF is the way to go.
R12NDS
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:42 pm
PostPost subject: Blade 450 3D...

I made the move from a 4 channel a few months ago and following loads of research and a limited budget, i went for the 450 3D. I have been nothing but happy - despite the first one bursting in to flames due to a faulty LiPo - and i enjoy flying daily.

I am far from 3D flying and am only just getting settled with tail-in and firgure of 8's...but having tamed the settings on the TX, it is a joy to fly and quite robust with crashes.

I have had a couple of hard crashes and have only needed to replace fly-bars, feathering shafts, blade grips, blades and the pitch slider...all fairly affordable spares!

Summary, i totally recommend the Blade 450 3D, especially based on what you say you need. It flies well in the wind too...just need to be fairly quick on your controls when the gust hits it.

Hope this helps.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Tip and Tricks All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: