Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> LAMA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magyarbacsi
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:18 am
PostPost subject: Big Lama EC135, fried pc board

Hello all, newbie to choppers, but been flying planes forever. I've recently bought an EC135 Euro copter from hobbyking. It flew for a short distance and then a blade slap forced me to land, chipped blade. Replaced blade and had to abort second try do to smoke and spark as I plugged in battery. Bottom line, fried control board. When looking for replacement part, I noticed that all the Big Lama EC135s have a 3-in-1 controller instead of the open pc board that my copter has. It has a 2.4 GHz receiver that this pc board plugs into. What do I need to make this copter compatible with the locally available 3-1 controllers as that pc board is not available locally. Even hobbyking does not list it in parts catalouge. i contacted them and it is impossible, so far to relate the problem.

As I understand it, the 3-in-1 plugs into the receiver that the servos then are connected. And will this controller bond to the 2.4 mickey mouse radio they snt, or will I need to switch to a Walkera Tx and Rx?

Thank for any repply
platinum
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:07 am
PostPost subject: Re: Big Lama EC135, fried pc board

magyarbacsi wrote:
.... Even hobbyking does not list it in parts catalouge. i contacted them and it is impossible, so far to relate the problem.

As I understand it, the 3-in-1 plugs into the receiver that the servos then are connected. And will this controller bond to the 2.4 mickey mouse radio they snt, or will I need to switch to a Walkera Tx and Rx?
Thank for any repply

Fried control board so your receiver may be OK!
Replacement PC board :
http://www.xheli.com/at-44191.html

This EC-135 by Art-Tech roughly the same size as Esky's Big Lama,(Big Lama main rotor dia 460mm,this 450mm.) . The control board with built-in gyro. I think may be can use Big Lama 3 in 1 controller..not sure!

platinum

pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:47 am
PostPost subject:

Tombo242 redid his Big Lama and is using a DX6I in it.

Food for thought. I know that the 3-in-1 is you issue and you receiver is probably OK but the DX6I make the Big Lama a much better helicopter.

jack
magyarbacsi
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:19 pm
PostPost subject: Big Lama EC135

Thanx for the replies. WOW, that pc board is expensive. The 3 in 1 may be cheaper way to go I'm still trying to get hobbyking to send me a replacement. Not sure if it's their stalling technique or they just don't understand the problem. Every time I get a new person I have to explain the problem over and over. Their response... will send to customer support... and that's as far as I get. Not sure if its worth the hassle. I do have other copters to fly in the meantime

Online pictures of the EC135, does not show the pc board, but insted just have the 3 in 1, or I just don't see it. Are there several versions from different suppliers, i.e. ESky vs Hobbyking? One uses the pc board, the other the 3 in 1, 4 in 1, etc..?
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> LAMA All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: