Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

Help with MULTI BLADE rotor heads

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electronic, Parts, Components, Batteries, and Chargers Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:32 am
PostPost subject:

Hi Waleeed,

Tom is correct, I flew my EC145 450 with 4 blades without an FBL controller just to see if it would, the answer was yes it did. I had to install a set of 500 tail blades on the 450 to get enough authority, a 4 blade tail rotor would also work if you could find one.(They do exist but are rare and have problems)

I soon went back to the FBL controller, flying without it was mushy and slow responding, I may have been able to tune it a bit better but thought it wasn't worth the effort when I had the a good FBL controller sitting there with which it flew well.
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:14 pm
PostPost subject:

Here's 5-bladed main with a 4-bladed tail rotor with no electronic stabilization.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMoQcBvMew4

Burgess
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:17 am
PostPost subject:

Hi waleeed and welcome to the forum.

So what pitch and throttle curves setting are you using?

I posted that video link of a multi rotor heli and it seems to fly ok. It would have been useful if he'd also shown his TX set-up and the mechanical setup of the heli too.

I've not done anything with multi blades rotors yet...have thought of adding a scale fuselage to one of my T-rex 450s probably an Align EC-135. It's the tail rotor that's the problem, may just modify a pair of 450 size two-blade rotors, but a fan in the tail would look the part.

Any way I've just purchased an Align 3G from ebay, and now deciding which type of blades to get for the five-blade head. Rigid or flexi plastic, semi-symmetrical would be the best solution but their expensive (may doctor a set of symmetrical blades).

I've been hankering to do a scratch built 600 size Seaking, and have a medical procedure coming up some when soon, so the post-opp restrictions will give me the opportunity to focus on producing the drawings and maybe building.

Burgess
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:36 am
PostPost subject:

Hi Burgess,

Hope you operation goes well. Here's me halfway through my eye lens swaps:

That's the right eye, the one I use to track models in flight, they've also done the left eye so I have good close-up vision to build them. I don't need glasses any more. Sometimes you just have to trust that the medics know what they're doing (even if you don't quite understand what they are saying).

I hope everything turns out as well for you as it did for me, I was not looking forward to going blind! Now at almost 80 I'm back to full activity again.

All the best to you my friend,

Tom.
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:35 am
PostPost subject:

Thanks Tom, I'll be examined by the consultant at Bangor next month.

I've a couple of design ideas of how to fabricate a multi blade tail rotor.

Burgess
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electronic, Parts, Components, Batteries, and Chargers All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: