Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

Lipo battery 7.4v 30c 5000mah - brand - zop power

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electronic, Parts, Components, Batteries, and Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickseattle
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:53 am
PostPost subject: Lipo battery 7.4v 30c 5000mah - brand - zop power

Hi-

Has anyone used Lipo battery below for heli? It's on eBay. I need to know if it ok to use before buying. I have heli below.

7.4v 30c 5000mah brand zop power $21.99 free shipping
7.4v 20v 5000mah brand YKS - $12.99 free shipping

This my heli and I will being using 7.4v 25c 1800mah. http://www.hobbytron.com/GYROMetalEclipse35CHElectricRCHelicopter.html

Any info or recommendation will be appreciated!

Thanks!

-Rick-
ferretmaster
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

Location: Casa Grande AZ, USA. 66 and yes! Heli's reverse aging!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:22 am
PostPost subject: The short answer is......

.....Yes.

The longer answer is a 30C battery for that size Heli may be overkill.

Usually if you meet the volts and "C"(or exceed the "C") of the battery that came with your heli, you will be just fine. (see below)

Of even more importance is the question..Will it fit?

Measure the compartment where you existing battery fits and ask the seller of the 30C 7.2V LIPO what are the dimensions of his/her battery.

In any case be prepared to put your own connector of the correct type on your new battery(s).

Hope this helps!
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:16 am
PostPost subject: Re: Lipo battery 7.4v 30c 5000mah - brand - zop power

rickseattle wrote:
. . . I need to know if it ok to use before buying. I have heli below.

7.4v 30c 5000mah brand zop power $21.99 free shipping
7.4v 20v 5000mah brand YKS - $12.99 free shipping

This my heli and I will being using 7.4v 25c 1800mah. http://www.hobbytron.com/GYROMetalEclipse35CHElectricRCHelicopter.html . . .

Hi Rick,

Ferretmaster is quite right, it is the size, and possibly the weight that will upset things. The increase in C rating is O.K. but 5000mAh is going to weigh at least twice as much as the 1800mAh. With the 3 channel heli you have that could be beyond it's lift capability.

Also there is the size to consider. I often strap different size batteries onto my helis, but I try to keep the weight less than 20% over stock and balance the CG with care. The larger batteries rarely fit into the battery compartments of the smaller machines but the 450 helis leave only the CG to worry about.

Tom.
rickseattle
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:33 am
PostPost subject:

Thanks you guys.

I have read a few upgrade forum that adding 2oz on nose help this kind of heli fly forward so I took that in consideration and wondering if a bigger battery's might balance it out without the need to adding pennies or nuts, and another upgrade said to add bigger tail propeller or quad to lift the tail up. I will practice the heli out the box before I do any modification but having answer before hand really give me idea for when I do get started.

Ferretmater - I'm actually waiting to hear hack from both seller about then demision.

Thanks again!

-Rick-
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:35 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi Rick,

Can't help feeling that 2oz in the nose will kill any hover. I would beware of adding any extra weight to this heli, I have checked around and it is built to a price (low)! The motors are not going to be happy with too much extra weight.

Your plan of flying it stock at first is a good one. It seems that it is difficult to get spare blades for this heli and you will need some. Now is a good time to start searching for spares.

Some people have complained about this heli tipping over at lift-off and breaking blades before getting into the air for the first time, but that could just be beginner nerves overcontrolling.

Slow and easy does it, Tom.
rickseattle
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:26 pm
PostPost subject:

Yeah I'm a little scare to adding any weight too.

I will try it out the box and go from there. It suppose to be deliver today so Im excited to try and I'm hoping there no wind.

I found few place that sell spare parts online but I want go check out local hobbytown first, which is 5 mins from my place, just to save on shipping and waiting time.

I'm pretty confident I won't tip it over on my first flight but im still going to cross my figure and go slow.

Thanks again for the tips.

Cheers,

-Rick-
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:18 am
PostPost subject:

Hi Rick,

I agree with the boys, a jump from 1800 mAh to 2000 may be plausible but to 5000 to far removed from the original specification for both size and weight.

The average size and weight for the batteries you talking about are:-

1800 mAh 96 grams 95x25x12 mm
5000 mAh 272 grams 135x45x22 mm

and further to this many of these 3.5 co-axials appear to have built in batteries which are a custom size.

Fly your helicopter in the original configuration for as long as it lasts and if you still have the bug when it breaks move on to the Hobby grade 4 channel helicopters
rickseattle
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:41 am
PostPost subject:

Hey admiral.

Thanks for dimension. The seller hasn't got back yet so this helped a lot. I was able to cut off a barrier to make room for the 1800mah. The stock battery was 1500mah and about 2.65 inch. From the look of the dimension below, 5000mah not going to fit on this heli.

Thanks everyone - I'm glad I asked before I decide to buy the 5000mah. It would have been a waste of money, but great for paper weight.

I took this heli outside and flew it, when the wind die down a bit. yay... It so much fun and it seem harder to fly outside. The wind might've came back but the heli have a hard time flying forward, even when I use the 1800mah lip battery. The lipo battery stick out about .27 inch compare to the stock. I haven't used the stock battery to fly outside yet because it's being charge. Good news is...i didn't crash, well i did but not a total crash in several pieces. I was able to hover about 10ft for few mins, and flew in weird circle before the heli started to move side from the wind and it landed in the bushes. Well, it didn't land... I just cut off the power and let dropped on the bushes, and only inches away from the tree. After all the fun, the heli came inside with bend balance bar, dent to all four propeller and rear, and scratch cover. I think it was a successful flight. I guess, walking away from a flight in one piece, is a good flight.

I think my next investment, will be to purchase (imax) B6 lipo charger and spare parts. Any recommendation? I seen a lot review on fake, and clone charger.

Thanks again everyone!
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:05 am
PostPost subject:

That was a good first flight Rick,

I use the Imax B6 myself, charges everything from the carpet sweeper to the car battery and my 28V power drill. Heck I even charge my flight batteries with it. Just finished a balance charge lead for the single cell batteries in pairs for my Quad. (When the customs let me have the Quad that is, its only been with them around 3 weeks and they are Portugese!)

Tom.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electronic, Parts, Components, Batteries, and Chargers All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: