Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

My rc helicopter tail motor

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wadew217
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:20 am
PostPost subject: My rc helicopter tail motor

On my electric rc helicopter my tail motor is on top and not on the side , I would like to know the reason for this
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:07 am
PostPost subject:

Hello wadew217 and welcome to the forum.

You haven't said the make and model of your helicopter, presumably it's a 3.5 channel coaxal helicopter they have horizontal tail rotors.

The tail rotor provides thrust, so when you push the cyclic stick forwards the tail rotor spins clockwise pulling air downwards, that tilts the helicopter nose down and the helicopter flies forwards.

Pull the cyclic stick backwards and tail rotor spins anti-clockwise pushing air upwards, that tilts the helicopter nose upwards and the helicopter flies backwards.

Burgess
wadew217
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:30 am
PostPost subject:

Yes, Burgess, it is a 3 channel helicopter, and a friend gave it to me, but for Christmas, I got one from Radio Shack, and it is also a 3 channel, this is getting me into the hobby of RC helicopters now I would like to get a 6 ch. one now so I can do tricks with it, the only thing, I don't like about these 3 ch Helicopters are that there is a little, fly time like 6 to 8 minutes
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:47 pm
PostPost subject:

Most all electric helis use LiPO batteries, and the same golden rules apply, Never over discharge, Never over charge, Never keep a LiPO at full charge for more than a few hours and alway store at storage voltage 3.80v per cell (storage = over night). With those small coaxal helis allow time for the battery to cool down before recharging.

Flight duration for a 6 channel helis, in the first instance, depends on the power train: -battery, ESC, and motor, also the type of main blades can also make a difference.

Here's a link, use the ‘toggle text' button this changes to the background to black.
Down the right had side, select the Align T-rex 450 and try changing the battery pack type/voltage to see how that changes the flight duration.

http://dhrc.rchomepage.com/calc.htm

Burgess
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electric RC Helicopters General Discussion All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: