Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> LAMA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
springer
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:52 am
PostPost subject: rotors don't spin

i have the esky hunter which i believe is the same as the lma. Anyway, I have yet to fly the copper. the most i've done is tried manouvering it a few inches off of the gronoe that i und and then stopped. this was several months ago & then I got tied up with other work. now ythat i try to use it again i see that the rotors do not spin qt qll. the controller that allows the chopper to move from side to side works fuin3, but the rotos will not spin at all, nor do they make an attempt to spin.. I've changed the batteries and re-binded teh transmitter, but to no avail. i've also tested the motors individually and ound that they will spin if i fput pwer to them. help!
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:01 pm
PostPost subject:

Hello springer:

I'm just guessing but I wounder if you had the helicopter flip over. When this happened you may have had the power still on for a few seconds. This will cause the 4-in-1 receiver to over load and blow some electronic in the 4-in-1. This will require a replacement from Esky.

If you look at your receiver and the 4-in-1 controller in your helicopter you may see a burned spot. If you do then that will be your problem. This happened to me with my big esky lama. I had to replace the 4-in-1 controller. It was around 40 dollars If I remember right.

Hope this helps you. Good luck with the fix.

Notice in the picture attached that there is 4 IC beside each other. Notice the top left IC. See the burnt spot. That's what happens when you have power to the motors but they can not turn. Pop. they burn up.

Jack
skywiz
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:54 am
PostPost subject: rotors not spinning

Hy PJ
I took a look at the circuit board and find no burnt spots at all, although I do recall a time when the helicopter fell on it's side with the controls still running, however I don't think it stopped working rieght away. Maybe there is a burnt circuit somewhere, but if there is , i can't see it. I'm almost ready to bring it into an rc hobby shop, but i don't know if there is one here in venice.
thnx
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:05 pm
PostPost subject:

Hi skywiz,

I think that you will have to go to Austria to find a good hobby shop, your problem with Far East ordering is getting stuff delivered to Italy, please don't ask why - that is not my department.

Tom
skywiz
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:13 am
PostPost subject:

sory
I meant venice Florida lol
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:13 am
PostPost subject:

Howdy skywiz

I know it's a long drive for you but there is a hobby shop on highway 19 up near brookville Florida. It's called B & B hobbies. It's actually 5 miles south of Brookville on 19. East side of the road. I've been there several times on my way to Palm Harbor Florida. I know they could fix you up.

You might try a search on the internet for hobby shops in Florida.

Hope this helps.

I think you fried some electronics in your helicopter. A Hunter is the same thing as a Big Lama. Same electronics. When you get it fixed put two 10 amp automotive fuses on the motors and this will not happen again. the fuses will pop instead.

Jack
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> LAMA All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: