Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

Spektrum DX9

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electronic, Parts, Components, Batteries, and Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:39 pm
PostPost subject: Spektrum DX9

Hi Guys,

After a rough start with the DX8 I may be silly but here I go again just upgraded to the DX9, I have a thousand reasons why, but none of them valid, I just wanted to. I'm less than a year off retiring and wanted to be up to date with all my gear before I do.

Early assessment, great Tx, love the voice warnings, the only disappointment was that the setups on the DX8 do not transfer to the DX9 although I'm following a web site that is working on it.

I will probably take a couple of weeks to migrate all of my models, starting with the smaller ones first.

Will keep you up to date.
sbobby
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:27 pm
PostPost subject:

What are going to do with those extra channels ? Rolling Eyes
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:34 pm
PostPost subject:

It's not the extra channel that got me, it was the voice notification, I have always been interested in installing Telemetry but realised early in the game that I could not afford to take me eyes off the model to read the output, with the DX9 you can program it to give verbal readouts. The more I fiddle with the Tx the more I find and so far it is all good.
sbobby
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:55 pm
PostPost subject:

wow verbal readout.
Does it give you a verbal when you crash ? Laughing
I am building a TREX 600N and looking for a new transmitter like DX8. DX9 looks like a good choice, but I am no ready yet to spend more ...
Hans Heine
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:53 pm
PostPost subject: Spektrum DX9

I really like the looks and features of this radio. I have had some issues with my DX8 so I can see myself upgrading in the near future. I wsould most likely wait until the second version of firmware based on previous experience with issues on new releases.
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:53 pm
PostPost subject:

I also had some issues with my DX8, I had an early model released prior to DSMX took a couple of goes to get it right when DSMX was released, but it was great after that. So far I have only found one small issue with the DX9 timer and I'm sure that will be rectified in later Versions of Airware. Really it is just a new release of the DX8 with an extra channel and two new slider switches on the back, the gimbles feel smoother and it give verbal warnings, and no sbobby it doesn't tell you when you crash, it's probably just too polite to point out the obvious.

Anyway I'm happy with it, I'm heading for retirement and want to upgrade my gear before I do.
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:01 am
PostPost subject:

Sounds like you did a good thing there admiral. I just noticed the DX9 the other day while going through a RC model magazine. I thought the voice commands was really great. I told the wife I'd like one of those. Lets face it Christmas is coming. Does not hurt to let then know what you'd like. Worked for the kid that wanted the BB gun for Christmas.

Besides - I thought $ 399.00 was not to bad. Plus my Grand kid that I building the woody quad wants and is getting my spare DX6I so I think it's fair that I get another one.

As far a noticed that I've crashed is really not necessary for me. Right after I crash it's best to leave me alone for a while.

Please do let us know how you like or dislike the DX9. Keep us posted.

jack
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:50 pm
PostPost subject: 8 Weeks and all is well with the DX9

I've had the DX9 eight weeks and all is going well there have been two AirWare updates that have fixed any of the minor issues and added some new features and another spoken language.(Dutch)

Only negative comments, and this is scratching to find something bad to say, is the front of the case shows sweaty finger prints, Ohh diddums.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electronic, Parts, Components, Batteries, and Chargers All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: