Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> LAMA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
menakit1
Flying Inverted
Flying Inverted

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:20 pm
PostPost subject: Taking time to praise

Just gotta take this time to praise the big lama again. This is such a great bird. Gotta remind everyone that I'm a beginner, but the more I use this thing the more I realize how good it is. Especially since I read alot of other comments and forums about how messed up other coaxials are. I've just had NO major problems with the big lama, and it never ceases to fly smooth. No motor problems after around 20+ flights now... not the lease bit sign of non-user related malfunction.
still think the fuselage should feel tougher though.

Last edited by menakit1 on Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:53 pm
PostPost subject:

Lets see you said 20+ flights. $ 109.00 purchase price plus shipping say $ 9.00 that's $ 118.00 divided by 20 equals $ 5.90 per flight of fun.

I'm with you menakit1. The Esky Big Lama is a great helicopter. Trouble free. I've got way more than 20, Probably over 50 flights. No trouble that I didn't cause myself. Main Blades only. I did crack the body but she's going strong. I bought lots of parts when I got the helicopter but have not needed anything but main blades. I just got a set of motors for it this week. With so many flights and being brushed motors I thought I should get some motors so I'll be ready when the time comes. Wish I had bought brushless motors but was feeling cheap when I ordered the replacements.

I found a place that sells brushless motors with ESC and plugs ready to install for $ 99.00. I thought the helicopter was only $ 109.00. I just could not see the justification for $ 99.00 motors for a $ 109.00 helicopter that a Co-axial. But with a metal rotor head and brushless motors it should out last me.

I’m charging the Big Lama’s battery right now. It’s a beautiful day here in southeastern Louisiana today. I’m going to get lots of air time today with all my heli’s.

Jack
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> LAMA All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: