Register | Log in

Electric-RC-Helicopter.com's Homepage
AlbumAlbum  | FAQ | Search | Memberlist

Turnigy Graphene batteries

Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electronic, Parts, Components, Batteries, and Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:00 am
PostPost subject: Turnigy Graphene batteries

Turnigy Graphene batteries

Just come across this over on Hobbyking.com

Turnigy Graphene packs utilize carbon in the battery structure to form a single layer of graphene just 0.335nm thick, making that type of battery substrate the thinnest known to mankind. The graphene particles form a highly dense compound allowing electrons to flow with less resistance compared to traditional Lipoly battery technologies.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__91183__Turnigy_Graphene_2200mAh_3S_45C_LiPoly_Pack_w_XT60.html

Burgess
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:39 pm
PostPost subject:

Nice find there Burgess,

Now, if they could only do something about their deliveries to Portugal; (they use GLS - the worst choice possible for here - great elsewhere).

Also their delivery charges are almost as high as the USA deliveries. On some items the delivery is higher than the items' cost. Then you have to add in the customs charges (if caught)!

Currently I have a problem where I have been sent a free replacement parcel - not an HK purchase - and the customs are demanding an invoice and proof of payment. I have the originals but I am told that these are not for this item. They regard this as a separate purchase and demand documents that do not exist. Looks like I won't get that one either, maybe a customs man has a sons' birthday coming up!

Tom.
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:59 pm
PostPost subject:

Yeah delivery charges minimum seems to be £7.00 even via their ebay
outlet. Our local Postie said the Post Office might start put customs charges on all RC parts.

Petty bureaucrats:
Two weeks ago I had to attend Ysbyty Gwynedd, so prior to going, I rang to enquire cost of parking, "It's free," I was told. So on arriving I drove through three car parks, and then in the Overflow Car Park found a space and parked up. When I came back, there was a Gwynedd Council CPO and he'd just issued a PCN, reason ‘failing to display a valid parking permit in a Permit Holders Bay' I asked, "So Where are the signs??" On reading the PCN which informed me in small print,

"A penalty Charge of £70 is now payable and must be paid not later than the last day of the period of 28 days beginning with the date on which this PCN was served. The penalty Charge will be reduced by a discount of 50% to £35 it is paid not later than the last day of the period of 14 days beginning with the date on which this PCN was served."

The council enforce road traffic law on private property.
Cannot smoke anywhere on Trust property, but you can in council car parks...not that I smoke.

Burgess
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:18 pm
PostPost subject:

Sounds like you're more likely to burst into flame than smoke there Burgess, you have my sympathy.

Re: customs duty, my parcel is known by customs to be a "Simulator de Voo P/Mod Reduzio" (RC Simulator) and as such is not liable for duty. However, they will not release it without my Fiscal Nº - which they have; and the invoice and proof of payment which does not exist! (Free replacement for non-delivery!)

Tom.
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:04 am
PostPost subject:

Can you get the supplier to send proof of replacement to the Customs Office your end.

If it is a free replacement that ought to count as a gift?

Burgess
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:24 pm
PostPost subject:

Gifts do not work with Portugese customs Burgess, I was charged 20€ on a "Gift" from the States. Seems it has to come from within the EU or they charge what they think. I am assured by Ivy at Banggood that it is marked "Free replacement for undelivered parcel". Of course that is in English not Portugese, but as most films here are American almost all Portugese TV watchers/Cinema goers have a smattering of English.

É a vida (Y mae bywyd), Rolling Eyes

Tom.
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:04 am
PostPost subject:

Crazy, loads of refugees that no-one wants can get through EU customs, but not one free replacement.

I hope the problem is resolved in your favor.

Burgess
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:57 am
PostPost subject:

Thanks Burgess,

Not sure that it matters much as the original parcel arrived 2 days after the replacement was sent. Still it would make a good present for someone if I ever get it! It's a really good sim.

Todays' reply reads "Please be advised that the docuemnts you sent before weren't aproved by the costume servicfes. In order to obtain costume clearance they ask for the payment comproval. " (Speççimng is theirs - this was in English

I think that I'll tell them to send it back at their expense Very Happy .

Tom.
Burgess
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:51 pm
PostPost subject:

Serendipitous outcome Tom, why not inform the supplied that the original has arrived and for them to request customs office your end to return their property. Laughing

Which sim is it?

Burgess
rcemily
Charging
Charging

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:08 pm
PostPost subject:

now i am using Gens Ace 5000mah lipo battery
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Electronic, Parts, Components, Batteries, and Chargers All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: