Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> LAMA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
westy
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:31 am
PostPost subject: Your opinions!!

I recently trashed a Lama V4...now do i buy another one and use the trashed one as spare parts.or forget it and take up knitting instead lol or forget about it and buy diff model ...Your thoughts please would help
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:57 am
PostPost subject:

westy:

Go to www.xheli.com and find the Esky Lama4. Under the picture of the Esky Lama4 you will find in RED letters 'Spare Parts'. Click on the 'Spare Parts' and order what you need to fix your Lama.

Or go to Google and enter 'parts for Esky Lama 4'. Select a site and order parts. Repairing is part of the fun of RC helicopters.

I'm assuming that your Lama 4 is an Esky helicopter. It should be a descent flyer. Should be very easy to control. I've got an Esky lama and it's very dossal. I'm a little confused as to why your experiencing nightmares with this helicopter. Did you have a major crash and it's just never been right sense or was it a dud right out of the box.

Jack
westy
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:25 am
PostPost subject:

thanks for reply but i been there and done that!! I think I bought a "Lemon"

But I did have major crash at the beginning of owning it .
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:54 am
PostPost subject:

Westy:

Why don't you try an E-Flite MX or a MX2. They are co-axial and are really tough little helicopters. I've always bypassed E-Flite because they looked to toy like where Esky and Exceed helicopters looked bigger and better. E-Flite is in all hobby shops and they are really tough. We have a lawn mower shop in my town that sell's E-Flite. They have a yellow one that everybody in Slidell, La. has flown. Smacked everything in the shop and the little bugger still fly's. Maybe you should try one of those. Maybe you'd have better luck. I Think they are so tough because they are very light and the main blades are flexi. They don't break they bend.

Food for thought.

Jack
admiral
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:05 am
PostPost subject:

Hi Westy,

The only damage that makes a Lama an economic write off is if you've damaged the 4 in 1 unit it is 75% of the total cost of the helicopter, the rest of the parts are chicken feed.

If you are going to replace it I would go for a Blade CX2 or 3 many of the Lama parts are interchangable, I have had both and found the Blade a better unit overall, but there was nothing really wrong with the Lama.
westy
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:45 am
PostPost subject:

Thanks guys for your input... I have ordered a new 4in1 controller as I think the original is damaged and I will try again .Plus I have ordered a Bladez 3D

Not quite sure what to expect from this model but it has good reviews. Rolling Eyes
westy
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:14 pm
PostPost subject:

At Last!!! Flying like a pro Laughing Lama V4 has new "Brain" (4in1 controller) and the new Bladez3D that I received today flies beautifully. Money I have spent so far could have bought me 3 Lamas Sad but hey ho I am happy now (until next crash at least!!) and thanks for your help guys.,much appreciated.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> LAMA All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: