Custom Search
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Product Review
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ed
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:40 pm
PostPost subject: Volitation 3ch heli

I recently purchased the Volitation 3ch heli w/gyro.It flys great but the range is only about 10 feet.Parts are not available so if you crash it throw it away.A real waste of money in my opinion.Better to stay with a local hobby shop until you have some experience,,,,ed
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:51 am
PostPost subject:

Ed:

I saw on another post on this forum that someone had found parts for the evolution. EnjoyHobbies.biz. Down side to this source is that they are in China and I would think that getting parts is going to cost allot in shipping charges and may take awhile.

You might give them a try. Good Luck.

Jack
ed
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:19 am
PostPost subject: parts for volitation (Double Horse 9053)

pjdog wrote:
Ed:

I saw on another post on this forum that someone had found parts for the evolution. EnjoyHobbies.biz. Down side to this source is that they are in China and I would think that getting parts is going to cost allot in shipping charges and may take awhile.

You might give them a try. Good Luck.

Jack

enjoyhobbies.biz is the place to go,shipping is free on the parts,thanks,,,ed
bluedog
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:46 am
PostPost subject: Why throw it away?

Find out why it only has a range of 10 feet. Does it work on infrared? If it does maybe there's too much light coming in the room. If the heli is in the direct sunlight it can drop the reception dramatically. Going outside can cause problems too. People also tend to forget a blast of air from an airconditioner or a fan. You might not feel it 10 feet away but a heli could be blown anywhere if it hits a good breeze.
If the heli drops out of sight of your controller that can cause problems with loss of control. Don't forget you might be able to see the heli but can the heli see the controller. One of you Infrared LED's could be on the blink and they are available all over the place. All you need is a soldering iron.

Are your batteries in good condition and are they making good contact. Quite often the connections in the battery holder can get tarnished, that's why I always rotate the batteries (roll them) in the holder when I change them. It cleans the gunk off. Plus the connections can get flattened out so get a small screw driver and gently prise the connections out so the batteries fit nice and tight again. There could well be a major problem with the heli and if it was a cheapie then it's probably better to hang on to it for spare parts. But throw them away ???? NEVER.

Bluedog
bluedog
Hover Master
Hover Master

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:57 am
PostPost subject: Answer to Ed

many of the dealers from Hong Kong working via Ebay actually offer free freight. I needed a flybar for a coaxial heli and I picked up a pair for $2.00 freight free so to make it worth his while I ordered a couple of spare batteries $4.50 a pair and a few sets of blades $3.50. So $10 and 10 days later they all arrived. OK I had another heli to muck about within the meantime but it's worth shopping around. Even if the seller doesn't advertise he has the part he can often get bits off helis which have been returned or in most cases pop in next door and get the part off another dealer.

Bluedog
ed
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:46 am
PostPost subject:

This system is not infared.When I say no control outside 10 feet I mean with the heli on the ground, I back away and lose control after 10 feet.No a/c,no wind.Batteries brand new and good.Antennas extended on Transmitter and receiver.I sent it back to Banana Hobby for a refund so it cost me $35 shipping,(two ways),and about 5 hours on line,with them.If you have a better way of doing things down there go for it.I am done with Banana hobbies,,,,ed
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:12 am
PostPost subject:

ED:

Don't give up just get a better 4 channel helicopter like a blade cx, cx2, msr, etc. You will be happy.
ed
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:08 am
PostPost subject:

Thanhs pjdog,not quiting just being careful where I do business.I have a cpv3 that I am learning to fly and have had rc planes,boats etc. in the past.This particular situation just got me wound up,,,,ed
tombo242
Admin
Admin

Location: Santo Estêvão, East Algarve, Portugal. Now 82, but still feels 22.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:37 am
PostPost subject:

Quote:
Don't give up just get a better 4 channel helicopter like a blade cx, cx2, msr, etc. You will be happy.

+1 on Pjdogs' advice here, anything less than 4 channels is not a real RC heli but a toy for a child. Can be fun but very limited.
pjdog
Extreme 3D
Extreme 3D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:41 pm
PostPost subject:

ED:

Your right on about Banana hobbies. I had nothing but trouble with them.
I finally gave up canceled the order and ever sense I've used xheli. Xheli is really great. Never had any problems at all. I've spent more money with xheli than I care to admit. With xheli and they have always service my needs. I've heard lots of bad press about banana hobbies. Beware. Not worth the trouble when there are retailers like Xheli around.

Tombo242 turned me on to another retailer in China that I was very satisfied with. I bought two 11.1 volt 600 mAh Lipo batteries for lest than the price of one from Xheli. Plus the shipping was free. $ 15.00 for two Lipo batteries. It took 16 days to get the order bit I had ordered during the Chinese new year. I guess things shut down then which explained to delay. I emailed them asking what happened to my order and they responded with in hours that I should already have the order. Sure enough it was in the mail box. I can't find there site address. I'll post it soon.

Jack
silhouette015
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:43 pm
PostPost subject:

This thread has been heavily moderated.

Bluedog, you have made many posts that are personal attack to other members (not only in this topic). This is not acceptable. While we welcome your knowledge and opinions, please be respectful of other forum members and their opinion.
blade58
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:54 am
PostPost subject: Should I return it?

I'm new to this hobby and I have been having fun flying my Blade CX2, so I thought I would step up to a larger physical size heli.

I saw the 9053 Volitation on ebay for 65.00 plus 14.00 for shipping and bought it, it has not arrived yet but reading the information here I was wondering if I should just send it back with out opening it up and eat the shipping charges.

I just don't want something that's going to sit on a shelf to remind me of a mistake I made.......thanks
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:14 am
PostPost subject:

Hi blade58,

While some people get good service from these cheap helis, most do not. They are built to a price not to a hobby grade. Just a personal opinion but I would NEVER look at anything with a tail motor. They are getting better but not much. For me "Tail Motor" is built as an impulse buy and not to last.

Just my opinion with over 60 years modelling experience,

Tom.
blade58
Fully Charged
Fully Charged

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:10 am
PostPost subject:

Thanks Tombo242...

When it gets here I'll send it back and I'll be more careful when I am ready for another heli.
The next one will at least be a 4 channel one. Thanks.
tombo242
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:42 pm
PostPost subject:

Your very welcome Blade58, anything to help.

Tom.
Electric Rc Helicopter Forum Index -> Product Review All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: